Do you know a Newmarket resident or Newmarket based business that has provided exceptional accessible services to people with disabilities? The Accessibility Advisory Committee is seeking applications for consideration for the first annual Accessibility Award. This award will recognize those in the community who work to remove barrier for those with disabilities and/or demonstrate leadership in the promotion and awareness of accessibility and disability issues. Leadership can be demonstrated in ways, including but not limited to:
- in the integration of disabled persons into the work force;
- by removing, identifying and/or preventing barriers to persons with disabilities;
- through initiative and commitment to developing the potential of persons with disabilities;
- through actions and activities that inspire all people
- by making contributions to the integration, independence and overall improvement of quality of life for people with disabilities.
The deadline for nominations is April 1 each year. Further information on the award can be found on the Annual Accessibility Award Application Form.
For further information on this award, please contact Chrisanne Finnerty, Council/Committee Coordinator, on behalf of the Accessibility Advisory Committee at 905-953-5300 ext. 2207 or by email at email@example.com