Celebrate Canada's birthday with neighbours, family, and friends. Enjoy all of the family-friendly activities going on all day!
Volunteer Opportunities Available!
Interested in volunteering at the event? Sign up online at www.newmarket.ca/volunteer and earn high school volunteer hours!
Canada Day 2018 Kanata Festival
Event Schedule and Activities:
Community Centre & Lion's Hall (200 Doug Duncan Drive), 8 a.m. to Noon
- Pancake Breakfast ($4/serving) presented by the Newmarket Car Club
Riverwalk Commons (200 Doug Duncan Drive), 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tim Horton's Family Zone
- Rock wall
- Splash in the Tim Horton's Water Feature
- Food vendors
- Free rides on the Tim Horton's Express Train
- Photo booth
- Stage schedule:
- DJ Tyler Stevenson
- 1pm Interactive line dancing with Newmarket Music Festival
- Beer garden (for adults 19+ years with photo ID) and BBQ (starting at 10am) presented by the North Newmarket Lions Club
- Live music at the Main Stage
11:45am George St. Kitts with the Newmarket Music Festival
12:15pm "Taxi" band
1:30pm "Taxi" band
2:15pm George St. Kitts with the Newmarket Music Festival
3:15pm "Taxi" band
- Watch an action-packed motocross show from Waznie Racing
- Visit a re-enactment of Newmarket's military history by the Upper Canada Volunteer Regiment Organization
- Watch a Rookie baseball game at the Fairgrounds (Timothy St & Pine St) presented by Newmarket Baseball Association
- Vendors, food and more!
Sponsored by: TD Canada Trust
Canada Day 2018 Fireworks Event
George Richardson Park (off Bayview Parkway), 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- 7:30 p.m. Newmarket Citizen's Band
- 8:45 p.m. George St. Kitts with the Newmarket Music Festival
- 9:10 p.m. Live music by the band, "Switch Beat"
- 10:10 p.m. Fireworks
The free Kanata bus shuttle is back again! Park at the Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (100 Eagle Street West) or the Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive) and ride the Kanata bus shuttle to Riverwalk Commons.
This event is funded in part by the Government of Canada. www.canada.ca
Photos from 2017: Canada’s 150th Birthday