Please note: Community Clean-Up has changed due to weather. Coffee and Barbecue has been cancelled.*
Communtity Clean-Up week starts Saturday, May 6 to Saturday, May 13
Pick-up your Clean-up Kits at the following Customer Service Kiosks during Operation Hours:
Clean-up Information Kits:
- Cleanup target area maps are attached. Pick a location to clean up.
- Wear your gloves to protect your hands.
- Place garbage in the black bags and recycling in the clear bags.
- Leave garbage bags, recycling bags, and large items by the garbage cans in a park or by the curb where it will be easily picked up by a garbage truck.
- Contact Customer Service to let the Town know where the garbage is to pick up. Call 905-895-5193 or email email@example.com.
Things to Remember:
- Due to recent inclement weather and flood warnings, please use your discretion when choosing a day and location to clean up to ensure your safety
- Stay off private property
- Stay away from railway tracks, rivers, and riverbanks
- Do not pick up glass, needles, sharp objects or dead animals (please let us know where these items are when you follow up about the location of your garbage and recycling bags)
- If an item is too large to move to the garbage can or curb, please leave it where it is and notify Customer Service of its location
*Please join us for the Community Open House and Touch-a-Truck event
Thursday May 25
Newmarket Operations Centre (1275 Maple Hill Court)
5 to 8 p.m. join us for a complimentary BBQ.
Share how you helped clean your community tag @townofnewmarket and use the hashtag #icleanedup