Winter Wonderland and Newmarket Ice Lounge
December 1, 2017 to January 7, 2018
Newmarket Riverwalk Commons (200 Doug Duncan Drive)
6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Winter Wonderland is the most beautiful light display in Newmarket hosted for a month during December and January. Every night from December 1 to January 7, 6 to 9 p.m., enjoy the light display and free outdoor skating on the Tim Hortons Skating and Water Feature. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, take a ride on the Tim Hortons Express Train (owned and operated by the Town of Newmarket). Train rides are weather permitting and free of charge. Newmarket Ice Lounge is sponsored by Jay Miller Real Estate.
Join us every Friday (December 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and January 5) for Frozen Friday. Each week enjoy outdoor skating, train rides, DJ Tyler Stevenson, free hot chocolate provided by Pickle Barrel and a free Cobs Bread treat. Everything is free!
- December 1 (Lights, Fire & Ice Theme) Welcome to the opening of Winter Wonderland. Tonight we will officially turn on the lights with a Fire-eating show, visit from Santa, enjoy hot chocolate and coffee provided by Tim Hortons.
- December 8 (Support the Mitten Tree "Warm Hearts, Warm Hands") Please bring new (handmade or purchased) mittens, hats and scarves to the Mitten Tree at Newmarket Riverwalk Commons (200 Doug Duncan Drive). All sizes from children's to adult are accepted. Donations accepted from Friday, December 8 to Monday, February 19, 2018. People are welcome to take what they need from the tree. Items will be donated to the Inn From The Cold throughout the season.
- December 15 (Frozen Night) Meet the Frozen Snowman (costume character) and enjoy fun winter games with prizes.
- December 22 (Jingle Bell Skate) Jingle Bell Skate (free jingle bell bracelets while supplies last).
- December 29 (Celebrate Canada 150) Let's celebrate Canada with free flags, noise makers and treats while supplies last.
- January 5 (Glow in the Dark Fun) Free glow bracelets (free while supplies last) and glow in the dark activities.