The Town of Newmarket's primary funding source is property tax which is divided between the Town of Newmarket, York Region and the school boards. Property taxes enable the Town to provide the high quality of municipal programs and services that Newmarket residents are accustomed to.
2018 Interim Tax due dates
- 1st Installment: February 22, 2018
- 2nd Installment: March 27, 2018
- 3rd Installment: April 26, 2018
2017 Final Tax due dates
- 4th Installment: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- 5th Installment: Monday, August 28, 2017
- 6th Installment: Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Final property tax bills for commercial and industrial properties will be issued during the month of July with due dates clearly shown.
The Town offers a number of payment options for your property taxes.
Fees and Charges
The Town has a number of Fees and Charges related to Property Tax and Assessment as approved by Council through By-law #2015-57. Applicable by-laws for fees and charges under the Municipal Act, 2001 and the Planning Act took effect on January 1, 2018.
- Tax Certificates - $82.00 each
- Returned Cheque - $51.00 each occurrence
- Statement of Taxes Paid - $40.00 each property
- Detailed Analysis of Tax Account - $45.00 per hour per property
- Update Mortgage Company Information - $15.00 per roll number
- New Ownership Maintenance Fee - $20.00 per account
- Detailed Calculations of Tax Adjustments for Third Parties - $25.00 per roll number
- Copies of Assessment View - $0.93 + $0.12 HST = $1.05 per copy
- New Account/Roll Number Fee - New for 2018 at $30.00
2017 Tax Rates for Taxable Property
Learn more about what contributes to property tax increases
Property tax bill breakdown
Region of York – 41 per cent, Town of Newmarket – 39 per cent, School boards – 20 per cent
The Town of Newmarket determines your property taxes by multiplying your current value assessment (determined by the MPAC) by the Town's tax rate, the Region of York's tax rate and the provincial education tax rate.
If you have questions about your property assessment please contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC).
Municipal Property Assessment Corporation
Call: 1-866-296-(MPAC) 6722
1-877-889-(MPAC) 6722 TTY
Write: P.O. Box 9808, Toronto, Ontario M1S 5T9
Visit: 100 Via Renzo Dr Suite 302, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4S 0B8
Learn more about your property assessment at
About my Property.