The primary function of the Audit Committee is to assist the Council in maintaining the financial integrity of the municipality as follows:
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council with respect to the financial control framework including financial reporting, accounting policies, information systems integrity, approval processes and the safeguard of assets.
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council with respect to the appointment of the External Auditor, the scope and timing of the audit.
- To review and provide recommendations to Council regarding the annual report and management letter of the External Auditor.
- To make recommendations with respect to the work plan of the Internal Auditor and to provide comment and advice with respect to the recommendations of the Internal Auditor respecting the issues of internal financial control.
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council with respect to any special project or issue as requested by Council.
- Terrance Alderson
- Michael Tambosso
- Cristine Prattas
- Mayor Van Bynen
- Councillor Bisanz
- Councillor Hempen