The Newmarket Environmental Advisory Committee (NEAC) is responsible for providing advice and recommendations to Council and staff with respect to environmental issues in the Town. Additional responsibilities include facilitating education and outreach, and providing volunteer support related to special events or programs approved by Council. The Committee works with the following defined focus areas:
- Municipal Energy Plan
- Municipal Storm Water Management Plan
- Low Impact Development plans
- Energy efficiency of municipally owned properties
- Education and Outreach, including planning of an annual public forum and administering such things as the Ian Gray Award.
- Community involvement including events such as Earth Hour, the Annual community Garage Sale and E-waste.
Agendas and Minutes
For Agenda and Minutes visit the
Agendas, Minutes and Meetings page.
Terms of Reference
NEAC participates in a variety of environmental and educational events that include the annual Community Garage Sale and E-Waste event. For further information about volunteer opportunities, e-mail NEAC@newmarket.ca
For more information on Committee Terms of Reference or agendas and minutes, contact Legislative Services at 905-953-5300 or e-mail