You could win a $150 Presto Card! Join us on World Planning Day!
As part of
World Town Planning Day and Canada 150, the Town of Newmarket will be giving out 150 cups of coffee on
Wednesday, November 8 at the Newmarket GO Station, from 7 to 8 a.m. Town staff will be on the train platform providing information to morning commuters on various Town planning initiatives on the future of the GO Station, Yonge Street and Davis Drive, and the Town in general.
Commuters are invited to stop by the display, chat with Town staff, grab a coffee and find out how to win a $150 PRESTO card!
Contest closes November 22, 2017.
What is the Town working on?
The Town is working with key partners to help make getting around Newmarket
even better through:
- Viva Yellow bus rapid transit on Davis Drive
- Viva Blue bus rapid transit on Yonge Street
- GO Transit trains more often and on more days of the week
GO Transition Expansion Project - Mobility Hub Studies
- Newmarket GO Station Mobility Hub (Davis Dr)
- Coming Soon! Mobility Hub on Mulock Drive
- East-west bikeway across Newmarket on Srigley and Millard
Yonge & Davis Drive Fun Facts
- Did you know there are 1600 residential units under construction within a 10 minute walk of the rapid transit coridors?
- Did you know there are approximately 4000 sq.m of commercial, industrial and institutional floor area under construction within a 10 minute walk of the rapid transit coridors?
Key Developments & Development Proposals
Below are some key developments and proposals currently being processed by the Town:
514 Davis Drive: Stratus Centre, a 5-storey, office / retail development. Zoning by-law amendment and site plan applications currently in process.
17365 and 17395 Yonge Street: 360-unit, 11 and 12 storey, residential condo development. Zoning by-law amendment application currently in process.
17645 Yonge Street: 555-unit, 17, 19 and 21 storey, purpose-built rental development. Zoning by-law amendment application currently in process.
175 Deerfield Road: 462-unit, 9, 15, and 15 storey residential development. Zoning by-law amendment application currently in process.
345 and 351 Davis Drive: 40-unit, back-to-back, stacked townhouse development. Zoning approval issued, site plan application currently in process.
Learn more by visiting Current Planning Application webpage.