Residents who wish to apply for a parking exemption can do so online
Please note that parking exemptions are restricted during winter months beginning November 1, continuing to April 15 and become void if snow removal and/or winter road maintenance operations become necessary.
Otherwise, the following is an overview of the common parking regulations within the Town of Newmarket under the Parking By-law 1993-62.
- No vehicle is permitted to park for more than three consecutive hours on any street in Newmarket except between the hours of 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted
- No vehicle shall park within two feet of a driveway or laneway
- Vehicles are not permitted to park on or over sidewalks, or over boulevards located between the sidewalk and roadway, including driveway ramps
- No person is permitted to park a vehicle on private property without the consent of the owner or occupant of the property
- Vehicles are not permitted to park within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
- Parking in prohibited areas, facing the wrong direction is not permitted on any Town street
- Parking of trucks in excess of 2,500 kg (2.7 tonnes) on any residential street is not permitted
- Parking or stopping on designated fire routes is not permitted
- Parking a vehicle in a space designated for disabled persons without displaying a valid disabled person's permit
- Parking and stopping is prohibited on all front yards or side yards unless permitted under the Town's Zoning By-law
- Parking and stopping is prohibited on the Town's boulevards unless exempt by a Town of Newmarket By-law
- Residents are reminded that as of November 1, it is strictly prohibited to park a vehicle on any roadway so as to interfere with the clearing of snow.