Join the Newmarket Chamber for our Annual Economic Luncheon, featuring Brian DePratto (Senior Economist at TD Economics).
A graduate of UBC (now the Vancouver School of Economics), Brian began his career with the Bank of Canada, joining TD Bank in 2014. In addition to producing the Canadian economic forecast, Brian also focuses on the day to day issues facing Canadians.
He also contributes to a number of TD publications, and his commentary is frequently featured in financial media. Brian also has a keen interest in the intersection of environmental issues and economics, and was honoured as one of Canada's 2016 Clean50 Emerging Leaders for his work in this space.
Join us to learn what the forecasts reveal about:
- Canadian economic growth prospects
- Demand for Canada's goods and services abroad
- Interest rates and where they are headed
- Commodity prices and the Canadian dollar
- Existing and new real estate overview
- Regional disparities (Haves and Have Not Provinces)