Important Dates for 2018 Municipal Election
Created: Thursday, November 16, 2017
Please note the important dates listed below leading up to and in preparation for the 2018 Municipal Election:
Tuesday, May 1, 2018:
- First day for candidates to file a nomination paper for the Office of Mayor, Councillor or School Board Trustee
- First day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration and advertise as a third party advertiser
- Campaign period begins once a nomination paper or notice of registration is filed
Friday, July 27, 2018:
- Last day for a candidate to file a nomination from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Nominations or withdrawal cannot be accepted after 2 p.m.
Monday, October 22, 2018:
- Voting Day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Last day for third party advertising period