Newmarket offers a unique and supportive business environment. Local companies, community organizations, Town employees, and political leaders come together within a collaborative atmosphere that reduces barriers, encourages growth and builds a shared sense of community.
This collaborative approach extends to the many resources that exist to support local businesses. Including;
- Business Assistance Concierge Program: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the Town of Newmarket's Economic Development team launched one-one support to help businesses understand what supports are available to them including financial assistance and provincial regulations.
- Bid opportunities that will provide information on how to do business with the Town and receive notifications of current bids and tenders
- A business directory that outlines a comprehensive list of businesses in Newmarket and York Region
- Business support organizations each provide unique services, support, or opportunities for collaboration and innovation
- Navigate Newmarket provides zoning and development information within an online mapping environment. (Safari browser not supported at this time.)
- Demographics summarizes statistics related to the demographics and labour market of the town.
- The Newmarket Chamber of Commerce business directory, which lets you search the list of member businesses of the Chamber.
- The Newmarket Welcome Centre, which provides a one-stop service designed to guide and support immigrants through the information and resources in York and Durham Regions.
- The York Region Immigration Portal provides useful information for newcomers and those who are considering immigrating to York Region.
You can always contact our Economic Development Office to discuss the opportunities to help you locate, start-up, and grow your business in Newmarket.