The Outdoor Gorman Pool, located at 424 D'Arcy Street is a popular outdoor heated pool, open in mid-late June until the beginning of September. It is an accessible pool with a beach-style entry, which gradually slopes from the shallow end to a depth of five feet in the deep end.
Gorman Pool is closed for the 2023 Season
PLEASE APPLY SUNSCREEN PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO AVOID POOL CLOSURES DUE TO WATER CLARITY ISSUES.
Admission Standards & Fees
Please be advised of the swim Admission Standards strictly enforced at Newmarket's Pools:
Each parent/guardian may bring a maximum of 4 children between the ages of 6 and 9 or a maximum of 2 children under 6 years of age.
Green Wristband = ages 10+
- May swim out of arm's reach from supervising guardian, however, it is recommended a supervising guardian remain in the pool enclosure and pay admission.
Yellow Wristband = ages 6 to 9 years
- Ratio: 1:4 (guardian must be 16 years +)
- May attempt a facility swim test to obtain an additional green wristband. If successful, the child does not need to be within arm's reach, however, supervising guardian must pay admission and remain in the pool enclosure. If the swim test is unsuccessful or not attempted, the child must remain within arm's reach at all times.
Red Wristband = ages 5 years and under
- Ratio: 1:2 (guardian must be 16 years +)
- Children must be within arm's reach of a supervising guardian at all times
Facility Swim Test: To ensure the safety of all
participants, children (6 to 9 years) who wish to swim unaccompanied in
the pool must complete the facility swim test: Proficiently swim (on your front, face in the water) 2
widths un-aided (i.e. no lifejacket, water wings, etc.) of the pool
followed immediately by 1 minute of treading water (head and ears
remaining above the surface at all times). Upon completing the facility
swim test, the child will receive a green wristband.
Newmarket Spray Pads
In addition to the Gorman Pool, the Town of Newmarket has several Spray Pads across town where you can enjoy the summer weather while cooling off.