Newmarkets Riverwalk Commons is located outside the
Newmarket Community Centre & Lions Hall at 200 Doug Duncan Drive and features an outdoor stage and is host to various Newmarket events all year long. Some notable events include Tim Hortons Canada Day, TD Newmarket Music Series, Splash of Culture and Frozen Fridays, both presented by Mercedes-Benz Newmarket as well as the Mercedes-Benz Newmarket Ice Lounge and more.
Riverwalk Commons is open all year round and in the winter months, the Mercedes-Benz Skating and Water Feature is transformed into an outdoor ice rink for all to enjoy.
Mercedes-Benz Newmarket Skating and Water Feature
Outdoor Ice Rink:
Status: Opening November 17 (weather dependent)
Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- The skating surface is for recreational skating only.
- No sticks, pucks, balls or nets allowed.
- Skaters are reminded to be courteous and respect all skaters. Please refrain from horseplay for tag.
- Skaters are encouraged to wear CSA approved helmets.
- Sticks and Pucks are permitted after 10:30 p.m.
Riverwalk Commons Water Feature:
- Status: Closed for the season
- Hours of Operation: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Please note that the Water feature will close early on days where events will take place at Riverwalk Commons. Every Thursday from July to September, the water feature will close at 3 p.m. for the TD Newmarket Music Series.
Please email [email protected]
or call 905-895-5193 to confirm times.
Newmarket's Riverwalk Commons recognized as a Thriving Place
Newmarket's Riverwalk Commons was recently recognized by Parks People as a Thriving Place! Check out the video below that highlights some features at the public space.