Newmarket Council has approved a process for requesting exemption from Interim Control By-law 2019-04. Property owners may submit a written exemption request to Planning and Building Services, including:
- the address and lot dimensions
- photos of all four sides of the existing dwelling (front, sides, and rear), as well as photos of the streetscape that depict the relationship between the existing dwelling and adjacent dwellings
- the gross floor area of the existing dwelling
- the gross floor area and conceptual site plan of the proposed dwelling or addition
- the height of the existing dwelling and the proposed height (for a second-storey addition)
- four dimensioned elevations of the proposed dwelling or addition (front, sides, and rear)
- explanation of how the proposed dwelling or addition is compatible with the existing character of the neighbourhood
- the applicant's contact information
The exemption requests will be evaluated against the following two criteria:
Physical Character Compatibility of the proposed dwelling or addition with the physical character of the existing neighbourhood, inclusive of height, massing, roof lines, and built form.
Streetscape Character Compatibility of the proposed dwelling or addition with the streetscape character of the existing neighbourhood, inclusive of setbacks, building projections, siting on property, and relationship to adjacent dwellings.
For more information on the exemption process please contact Alannah Slattery, Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org