The Legislative Services department is responsible for the enforcement of the Town's regulatory by-laws and operates on a complaint basis. When a complaint is received, it is investigated and appropriate action is taken.
If you have a by-law complaint, you may register your complaint by contacting the Customer Service department at 905-895-5193 or file the complaint in person at the Municipal Offices.
The Town keeps the identity of every complainant confidential unless the complainant has agreed to be identified.
Please remember that as a complainant, you must provide the following information when filing a complaint:
- Name, address and telephone number
- Complaint location (address)
- A satisfactory explanation of the complaint, including any details that may assist the investigating staff member
- A summary of when and where the problem/infraction is occurring
- If the complaint pertains to the condition of a rental unit, details confirming that the landlord has been recently advised about the problem and that it has not been corrected
- Anonymous complaints will be given a lower priority status and acted upon immediately only if there is an immediate health and safety related concern