CALL FOR ARTWORKS: SUBMIT BY MAY 31, 2019
The Town of Newmarket is seeking original two-dimensional artwork created in any medium, created no earlier than January 1, 2018. This contest is open to all Ontario residents.To be eligible, the subject of the artwork must focus on the heritage of the Town of Newmarket, including but not limited to the Municipality's culture, society, economy, history, significant events, architecture or natural environment from the past or at present.
Each individual can submit up to three (3) works.
Mayor's Heritage Art Awards
Each year the Mayor's Award is presented to one winning submission. The artist receives $200 and the work is purchased by the Town of Newmarket as part of the Town's permanent art collection. There may be up to four (4) Honourable Mention prizes of $150 each.
For further information contact Logan Bales, Curator at email@example.com or (905) 953-5313.
How to Enter
Each individual can submit up to three (3) works. Please complete (1) one submission form for each piece of artwork submitted to the contest. The correct submission form must be attached to the corresponding artwork.
May 13 to 31, 2019
- Artwork may be submissted 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Recreation & Culture Department Service Counter (395 Mulock Drive). Excluding holidays.
- A Submission Form MUST accompany each entry
Week of June 3, 2019
- All submissions will be judged. Winners will be notified by phone and will be given the details pertaining to the awards presentation.
June 10 to August 2, 2019
- Exhibition will be on display at the Municpal Offices (395 Mulock Drive).
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm., excluding holdays
August 6 to August 9, 2019
- Artworks must be signed-out between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the Recreation & Culture Department Service Counter (395 Mulock Drive) and picked up by August 9th
- All works will remain on the wall for aritsts' removal upon sign-out.
Rules & Conditions
- Entries submitted for the contest must be suitably framed with proper hanger for safe hanging of the piece. Maximum size, including frame, is not to exceed 48" x 48".
- All artwork must be for sale. Town of Newmarket will connect artists directly with interested parties. Artists will retain 100% of sale price. Sold works will be red-dotted and must remain on display until the end of exhibition period.
- The artist is responsible for insurance for their artwork. The Town of Newmarket shall not be responsible for loss or damage to artwork after it has been submitted.
- The artist is responsible for the delivery of their artwork to the Recreation & Culture department at 395 Mulock Drive and the pick up of their artwork when the display is over.
- All artwork must be an original creation by the applicant artist without the assistance of an instructor. The artwork must be recent, no earlier than January 1, 2018.
- Artists may submit up to three (3) pieces of artwork.
- A completed registration form must accompany each entry.
- Every piece of artwork must be labeled on the reverse as follows:
- Name of artist
- Current address
- Home telephone number and/or email address
- Title of artwork, media and date of completion
- Please title your work as it makes it easier for the judges to remember