Now on its 15th year, the Town of Newmarket is pleased to display the artwork of local high school students.
The works juried by local artists and/or art professionals and six (6) awards are presented to the students who are Best in Show in the following categories: Acrylic painting, Dry Medium, Mixed Media, Oil Painting, Photography, and Water Colour.
This exhibit would not be possible without the hard work of the talented and inspiring students and their dedicated teachers.
Congratulations to 2019's Best in Show winners:
Acrylic Painting Edward Zhou
Dry Medium Kile Brindley-Reid
Mixed Media Ashley Grew
Oil Painting Patrick Stochmal
Photography Maral Mostafvi
Water Colour Ethan Platt
2020 Newmarket Annual High School Art Contest important dates:
Participation deadline- Friday, February 7, 2020
- If you and your students are interested in participating please contact Logan Bales by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 905 953 5313 ext 2845.
Submission dates- Monday, February 24 to Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Artwork(s) may be submitted during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Recreation & Culture department (395 Mulock Drive).
Late day to submit- Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Last day to submit artwork(s) before 4:30 p.m.
- A registration form MUST accompany each artwork.
Exhibition dates- Tuesday, March 2 to Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Artworks will be on view at the Municipal offices (395 Mulock Drive). Viewing times are during regular scheduled hours of operation 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Closed weekends and Statutory Holidays.
Jury dates- Week of March 2, 2020
- All artworks will be judged the week of March 2.
Teachers will be notified by email.
Awards Presentation- TBD
- Teachers will be notified by email of the Awards Presentation date and time.
- Awards Presentation will be held during a council meeting, students will accept a certificate from the Mayor. Photo opportunity for parents.
Artwork pick up- Monday, May 4 to Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Artwork(s) may be picked up between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
For further information or to learn how to be part of the 2020 Newmarket Annual High School Art Contest please contact Logan Bales, Curator, Gallery Coordinator Newmarket Old Town Hall, Newmarket Recreation and Culture, phone: (905) 953-5313 ext. 2845 or email: email@example.com.