Educational School Programs
The Elman W. Campbell Museum offers heritage school programs for students in kindergarten, grades 1 and 3 (during the school year).
Students will learn about the theme through objects in our collections and engage in hands-on activities.
For bookings or inquiries, contact the Museum at 905-953-5314.
- Junior & Senior Kindergartens: Early Playtime in Historic Newmarket ($3.50/child)
- Grade 1: The Local Community and the Elman W. Campbell Museum ($3.50/child)
- Grade 2: Winter Celebrations in Victoria Newmarket (mid November to December only) ($3.50/child)
- Grade 3: Early Settlers in Newmarket ($3.50/child) Also available outreach
*NEW* Community Outreach Programs also available from our Museum to you, $60/group
- From the Toy Box
- Grandma's Attic in a Suitcase
- Indigenous Peoples
- The Travelling Backpack (WW1 focus)
Click Here to download or print the Education Programs Brochure
Museum Outreach Programs (NEW)
Program cost: $60 per group.
Duration: One-hour long presentation with Q&A.
For bookings: call the Museum at 905-953-5314 or email: email@example.com
The Elman W. Campbell Museum is offering a variety of outreach programs to bring to your location. In a one-hour presentation, you will learn about our local museum, its mandate and the artifacts we collect. Specific to each theme will be historical objects to view and reproductions to handle up close!
- Attic in a Suitcase - See what vintage treasures and collectibles we have inside our suitcase! Learn about our past through these objects and what they meant to people's everyday lives, way back when.
- From the Toy Box - Look at historical toys and play with replicas, see how toys have changed over the years. Learn about the social, economic and cultural values of the time.
- WWI Travelling Backpack – When you are out in the battlefield travelling across enemy lines, what do you bring with you? Get a glimpse into the life of a soldier in WWI through the objects they carried in their backpack.
- Indigenous Peoples – Learn about the Seven Grand Father Teachings and Indigenous, Métis and Inuit peoples. We will use cultural artifacts and reproductions as sparks to share stories.
There are lots of incredible programs available for our Community Group partners! Take a look below at the variety of Educational Programs for Scouts, Wolf Cubs and schools.
Click here to download and print the Museum Outreach flyer