Help keep your neighbourhood clean with the 40th annual Community Cleanup event. Gloves and garbage bags will be provided for residents to pick up and take back to their own neighborhoods to clean up surrounding streets and parks. Following the cleanup, as a thank you, volunteers can enjoy a free BBQ lunch with family friendly entertainment.
8 to 9 a.m. Registration (pre-registration not required)
- Pick up gloves, garbage bag, recycling bag, and a map to a cleanup location
- If you have a vehicle, you can drive your supplies to your location. If you cannot drive to another locations, you can cleanup along the Tom Taylor Trail (by the Municipal Offices).
9 a.m. to Noon Cleanup
- Leave your garbage, recycling and large items by the garbage cans in a park or by the curb where it can be easily picked up by the garbage truck.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. BBQ lunch for the cleanup volunteers
- Return to the Municipal Offices for a free BBQ lunch to say thank you for cleaning up our parks
- Let the staff and volunteers know when you return, what location you cleaned and where you left your garbage so staff can pick it up with the garbage truck.
Looking to complete high school volunteer hours? There are two ways to volunteer at this event:
- Receive 3 volunteer hours for participating in the cleanup.
- Signup online at www.newmarket.ca/volunteer and assist in running the event.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call Customer Service at (905) 895-5193. Support Newmarket's green initiatives by walking, carpooling or taking the bus. For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation information for Town-run events, please call the PLAY Hotline 1-877-PLAY936 (1-877-752-9936), on the date of the event, two hours prior to the start time. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Continue to share how you helped clean your community by tagging @townofnewmarket and using the hashtag #icleanedup