Presented by The Chris Cartwright Team
Thank you to everyone who took the time to clean up and attend Community Cleanup 2019!
Cleanup Date(s): Monday, April 20 - Saturday May 2, 2020 - Community Cleanup Kits available at Town of Newmarket Customer Service Kiosks
Time: During Customer Service Kiosk operating hours & 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday May 2.
Location(s): Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive), the Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive) and the Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (100 Eagle St. W)
BBQ Date: Saturday, May 2, 2020
Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Location(s): Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive)
Help keep our neighbourhoods clean with the 42nd Annual Community Cleanup 2020.
From Monday, April 20 to Saturday May 2, Community Cleanup kits will be available (while quantities last) at our Town of Newmarket Customer Service Kiosks. Residents are encouraged to pick up a cleanup kit and take the supplies back to their neighbourhoods and parks to clean over the two weeks, at a time that works best for them.
On Saturday May 2, join us at the Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive) as we host our annual Community Cleanup 2020 event, where we will have Community Cleanup kits available at 9 a.m. for those looking to clean up in the morning, followed by our traditional complimentary BBQ from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. where we invite all of those who volunteered their time throughout the two weeks in helping cleanup our community and show our appreciation.
Share how you helped clean your community! Tag @townofnewmarket and use the hashtag #icleanedup
If you would like to sign up to volunteer with this event please sign up online at newmarket.ca/volunteer. Volunteer opportunities will be posted in March 2020.
High school volunteers participating in the clean up can be signed off for volunteer hours to a maximum of 3 hours. Please bring your completed forms to the BBQ on May 2 from 11am-1pm to have them signed by the Event Organizer.
How to clean up:
- Pick a park or greenspace in Newmarket to cleanup.
- Protect yourself! Wear gloves (provided in cleanup kit) and close-toed shoes.
- Place garbage in the black bags and recycling in the clear bags.
- When you are finished, leave your garbage bags, recycling bags, and large items by the permanent garbage cans in the park or by the curb of the greenspace where it will be picked up by Town staff.
- Email the Event Organizer, Sarah Ernst, firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up on what park you cleaned and where the garbage to pick up is located.
- Join us on Saturday, May 2 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a free BBQ to thank everyone for cleaning!
Safety Tips and Things to Remember:
- There are two weeks and a variety of locations to clean up so use your discretion when choosing a day and location to ensure your safety.
- Please stay off private property.
- For your safety, stay away from railway tracks, rivers, river banks and road ways.
- Do NOT pick up glass, needles, sharp objects or dead animals. If you come across any of these dangerous items please leave them where you found them but let us know their location when you send a follow up email to the Event Organizer about where you left your garbage.
- If an item is too large to move to the garbage can, please leave it where it is and again, notify the Event Organizer in your follow up email.
- All children participating under the age of 12 should be supervised by an adult.
Unsure about what goes in the blue bin and what goes in the garbage? The Bindicator Tool from York Region can help you decide!
Support Newmarket's green initiatives by walking, carpooling or taking the bus.
For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation details of Town-run outdoor events call 1-877-PLAY936 on the date of the event, 2 hours prior to the start time. For more information please contact 905-895-5193 or email@example.com.