#ChooseLocal – Ice Lounge on Main – Shop to Win! Contest rules and regulations:
The Choose Local – Ice Lounge on Main – Shop to Win! contest begins at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 22, 2024 and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 25, 2024.
The "Choose Local - Ice Lounge on Main – Shop to Win" campaign is a promotional tactic that is part of the larger Economic Development Choose Local campaign. The goal of the contest is to raise awareness that the Town supports local businesses and encourages the community to visit downtown businesses and shop during the Ice Lounge on Main event.
Step 1 – Spend $50+* on products or services at participating downtown businesses throughout the Ice Lounge on Main event (Thursday, February 22 at 9:00 a.m. to Sunday, February 25 at 5:00 p.m.)
Step 2 - visit the Choose Local booth located at the corner of Timothy Street and Main Street and show your receipt(s) totalling $50 or more to be entered into a draw for ONE OF FIVE GRAND PRIZES with a value of $500+ each! Booth hours are February 22 from 5 pm to 9 pm, February 23 and 24 from 12 pm to 9 pm, and February 25 from 12 pm to 5 pm.
PLUS - The first 100 participants per day will also receive a $25 CHOOSE LOCAL INSTANT GIFT CARD to be used at participating Main Street businesses!
*Excluding restaurant purchases and gift cards.
*$50 before tax
Multiple entries are allowed as long as each $50+ receipt entry is unique.
Ballots selected in a random draw will be reviewed for eligibility, and Town of Newmarket staff will contact the winners.
The Town of Newmarket has full discretion in applying the following criteria to approving receipts received in the Choose Local – Ice Lounge on Main – Shop to Win Contest:
- A entry must show items purchased from a participating business between Thursday, February 22 at 9 a.m. and Sunday, February 25 at 5 p.m.
- A participant may enter multiple receipts from the same or different businesses, as long as each receipt shows a different purchase, it will be considered as a separate entry.
- Items purchased online and delivered via curbside pickup are eligible.
The following prizes are available as part of the Choose Local – Ice Lounge on Main – Show to Win contest:
Eligibility for Choose Local – Ice Lounge on Main – Shop to Win Contest
To win, participants must be Ontario residents who have reached age 18 prior to February 22, 2024. Employees of the Town of Newmarket and their consultants and consultant subcontractors are not eligible to play.
Procedure for awarding prizes in Choose Local – Ice Lounge on Main – Show to Win Contest
TOWN OF NEWMARKET staff will contact contest winners to notify them of their prize.
Winners will accept their prize at a mutually agreed upon location, date, and time. Winners agree to have their photo taken while accepting the prize. This photo may be used in marketing and promotional materials including social media.
When accepting their prizes, winners must answer a skill-testing question, show valid photo ID and sign a standard Declaration and Release form. The Declaration and Release form confirms compliance with the contest rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, and releases TOWN OF NEWMARKET, and their officers, employees, council members and agents from any and all liability, claims, and actions of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest and the receipt, ownership or use of the prize.
If a winner is determined to be under age 18, the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian, who must be 18 or older, answer the skill-testing question, and sign the Declaration and Release form mentioned in the preceding paragraph.
General rules for Choose Local – Ice Lounge on Main – Shop to Win Contest
1. By participating in this contest, participants consent to the use of their name, voice, resemblance, photograph and/or image without compensation, whether online, in print, or in any other media, in connection with contest publicity and/or any aspect of the TOWN OF NEWMARKET. Participants waive all rights, including moral rights, in this respect.
2. By entering, participants release and hold harmless THE TOWN OF NEWMARKET and their officers, employees, council members and agents from any and all liability, claims, and actions of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize won.
3. The prize must be accepted as is, and may not be exchanged. No substitutions will be allowed.
4. THE TOWN OF NEWMARKET reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, amend or suspend this contest at any time without notice. The published contest schedule and rules are subject to change at any time and without notice.
5. The TOWN OF NEWMARKET reserves the right to disqualify from this contest and any future contests or other promotions conducted by the TOWN OF NEWMARKET, any individual that the TOWN OF NEWMARKET finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, to be acting in violation of the official rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
6. Any contact information, such as phone number or email address, will not be kept on file or shared, and will be used solely for the purpose of contacting participants who have won the contest.
7. Participation in this contest includes acceptance of these rules, which will be applied by TOWN OF NEWMARKET. All decisions are final.
8. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.