The health and safety of all who attend our events remains a top priority. Due to COVID-19 and in response to the
provincial emergency order to prohibit organized public events and social gatherings of more than five people, we
have made the difficult decision to cancel Mayor Taylor's New Year's Levee 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to forecasted inclement weather, this event has been postponed until Friday, January 17, 2020.
Past event information (2020):
Date: Friday, January 17, 2020
Time: 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Location: Riverwalk Commons and Community Centre & Lions Hall (200 Doug Duncan Drive).
Ring in the new year with Mayor John Taylor and members of Newmarket's Council.
- Live music by the Bianca Rollo Band
- 6:45 to 7 p.m.
- 7:30 to 7:45 p.m.
- 8:15 to 8:30 p.m.
- 9 to 9:15 p.m.
- DJ music
- Special lighting and laser effects
- Wickedly Sinful food truck (hotdogs, fries, poutine and apple cider) - credit and cash accepted
- Belgian Lolliwaffles ($2 each, cash only)
- Free outdoor skating on the Tim Hortons Skating and Water Feature
- Free rides on the Tim Hortons Express Train
- Free hot chocolate provided by Cachet Supper Club
- Raffles and prizes
- Green screen photobooth with the Newmarket Public Library
- Mulock Property booth
Timothy Street (from Doug Duncan Drive to Cedar Street) from 6-10pm.
Photos of the 2019 event:
Photo & Video Release
Media and Town of Newmarket staff will be taking photos and video footage at Town of Newmarket Special Events. These images may be used, re-used and published in news stories, social media and on websites, in addition to distributed to our event partners.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Service at (905) 895-5193.
Support Newmarket's green initiatives by walking, carpooling, or taking the bus.
For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation information for Town-run events, please call the PLAY Hotline 1-877-PLAY936, on the date of the event, two hours prior to the start time. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.