CALL FOR ARTWORKS
The Mindful Project Mental Health Exhibit: Roots|Routes
Submission Deadline: Thursday, February 28th, 2019, 11:59 PM EST
In an effort to end stigma and promote progressive, positive conversations around Mental Health and wellness, The Mindful Project is organizing its 3rd Annual exhibition: Roots|Routes. The exhibition also recognizes Canadian Mental Health Association's Mental Health Week (May 6-12) and the National Youth Week.
Artists and makers are invited to articulate their roots or routes in relation to Mental Health and wellness through visual arts. Your roots are personal to your past and self-identity. Your roots can lead you to follow certain routes or charter new ones along your personal journey. Your experiences along these routes are important because they can transform you and affect your mental well-being. Submissions will be juried and selected artworks will be exhibited to spark positive conversations and ignite change in social attitudes.
Submission Deadline: Thursday, February 28th, 2019, 11:59 pm EST
Exhibition Date: April 5 to May 25, 2019
Exhibition Location: Newmarket Old Town Hall, Serpa Galleries (460 Botsford Street)
How to Enter
Submission Deadline: Thursday, February 28th, 2019
Cost: No fee for entry
Eligibility: Makers, emerging or established artists are invited to apply. Each applicant can submit up to two (2) pieces of artwork in any medium for consideration. We are open to any forms of art (e.g. photography, painting, sculpture, multimedia, video, etc.) For individuals under the age of 18 years, parental guardian contact information is required to enter.
Submission Details: Submission must be made via email to email@example.com with subject headline "The Mindful Project Submission"
What to include in your Submission
- A Signed Submission Form
- A brief description of your background and experience in art. (Microsoft Word or PDF)
- A brief explanation about each artwork and how it relates to the theme of the exhibit (max 250 words, Microsoft Word or PDF).
- Digital JPG images of each work (72 dpi) labeled as: YourName_title of work_01I
- If your work(s) require any special equipment (technology, video, projection, display cases, plinths, sound, etc), please specify.
- For 2-dimensional works, please click here for more information on hanging requirements.
Conditions of Entry
Conditions of Delivery
- The applicant agrees to provide original artwork(s) and content for this exhibition.
- Submissions are accepted from emerging and established artists and makers working in any media.
- Each applicant can submit up to two (2) works for consideration; all submissions need a minimum of one (1) colour digital image per work.
- Work in progress or proposals for works are welcome.
- Series or multiplies (i.e triptych image) will be considered as one (1) submission
- All 2D works must be hanging ready at the time of installation, please refer to our "Hanging Requirements" PDF found on http://www.newmarket.ca/oldtownhall.
- Works must be created within the last two years.
- Submissions must be submitted through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If accepted, the applicant acknowledges that The Mindful Project and the Newmarket Old Town Hall Gallery may use images of accepted works for in promotional use in print and online.
- The applicant acknowledges that he/she will be responsible for the costs associated with the transportation/delivery of accepted works to and from the Newmarket Old Town Hall.
- Newmarket Old Town Hall Gallery does not provide insurance for accepted works during transportation/delivery. Newmarket Old Town Hall will insure all works under its Fine Art Policy once artwork has been delivered to the gallery premise.
- Submissions must be received via email no later than Thursday, February 28th, 2019, 11:59 pm EST.
- Applicants will be notified via email of the Jury's decision by Wednesday, March 6th, 2019.
- Selected applicants will be required to deliver accepted works to the Newmarket Old Town Hall Gallery (460 Botsford Street, Newmarket, ON L3Y 1T1) one of the following dates:
Sunday, March 31st, 2019 between 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday, April 1st, 2019 between Noon to 8:00 p.m.
- All work must be picked up on one of the following dates, otherwise, Newmarket Old Town Hall cannot be held responsible for any damage or lost:
Sunday, May 26th, 2019 between 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday, May 27th, 2019 between Noon to 8:00 p.m.