Date: Saturday November 18, 2023
Time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Eagle Street and Main Street
Welcome Santa Claus to Newmarket at our annual Santa Claus Parade.
Bundle up and bring your family and friends to see the festive holiday floats followed by our special guest - jolly Old St. Nick.
Please remember to bring your letter to Santa to be picked up by Canada Post and your non-perishable food item to be collected for the Newmarket Food Pantry.
2023 Winning Floats
THE MAYOR'S TROPHY (BEST OVERALL):
Sponsored by Mayor John Taylor's Office
WINNER: 108 HEALTH PROMOTION ASSOCIATION
MOST ORIGINAL FLOAT:
Sponsored by NT Power
WINNER: HURON HEIGHTS SECONDARY SCHOOL - ARTS HURON
BEST COMMERCIAL / BUSINESS FLOAT:
Sponsored by the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce
WINNER: MULBERRY'S OVEN
BEST DANCE / CHEER / BATON:
Sponsored by the Toombs Team Real Estate Group
WINNER: ALPHA CHEER
BEST NON-PROFIT FLOAT:
Sponsored by the Newmarket Main Street BIA
WINNER: THE NEWMARKET SOCCER CLUB
Parade Float / Walking Group / Band Applications:
The parade float / walking group / band application process is now closed. Thank you to all of you who submitted an applicaiton for this year's Santa Claus Parade.
Volunteer opportunities for this year's Santa Claus Parade are now closed. Thank you to all of you who have signed up to volunteer this year.
Letters to Santa:
Attendees are encouraged to bring their letters for Santa as members of Canada Post and the Parade Marshalls will be walking throughout the parade, collecting letters, to then be mailed out to the North Pole for jolly Old St. Nick to see.
Food Donations - Newmarket Food Pantry
Attendees are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items with them to the parade with all donations going to the Newmarket Food Pantry.
The parade starts at the corner of Eagle Street and Lorne Avenue, proceeds East on Eagle Street to Main Street, continues North on Main Street to finish at Ontario Street.
Road Closure Notice:
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Cane Parkway / Lorne Avenue from William Roe Boulevard to Lorne Avenue.
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Andrew Street from Dennie Avenue to Ellen Street.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Eagle Street / Water Street from Helmer Avenue to Prospect Street.
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Main Street from Water Street to Davis Drive.
Queen Street Closure Notice:
- Due to ongoing construction on Queen Street, east of Main Street, residents and businesses located on Queen Street between Main Street and Charles Street will only be able to travel eastbound on Queen Street from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Vehicles will not be permitted to travel westbound towards Main Street. As a result, residents and businesses will have to utilize the westbound lane to travel eastbound and exit Queen Street.
- Be advised, Town of Newmarket Staff will be located throughout Queen Street, between Main Street and Charles Street from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. to assist vehicles with entering and exiting this area of Queen Street safely.
Santa Claus Parade Committee Members Needed:
The Santa Claus Parade Committee is looking for dedicated and hard working Newmarket community members who would be interested in volunteering their time to fullfill the vacancy of Treasurer or Band Coordinator.
If interested or if you have any questions, please contact the Santa Claus Parade Committee by email at [email protected]
Thank you to our sponsors:
Darcy Toombs, Coldwell Banker The Estate Centre
Photo & Video Release
Media and Town of Newmarket staff will be taking photos and video footage at Town of Newmarket Special Events. These images may be used, re-used and published in news stories, social media and on websites, in addition to distributed to our event partners.