Date: Saturday November 16, 2019
Time: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Eagle Street and Main Street
Welcome Santa Claus to Newmarket at our annual Santa Claus Parade.
Bundle up and bring your family and friends to see the festive holiday floats followed by our special guest - jolly Old St. Nick.
Please remember to bring your letter to Santa to be picked up by Canada Post and your non-perishable food item to be collected for the Newmarket Food Pantry.
Parade Route: The parade starts at the corner of Eagle Street and Lorne Avenue, proceeds East on Eagle Street to Main Street, continues North on Main Street to finish at Ontario Street.
Volunteer opportunities will be posted online at newmarket.ca/volunteer on October 2019. The Santa Claus Parade Committee is looking for responsible adults (age 18 years and older) to volunteer as a marshal for the parade. The Committee is also looking for high school students to participate in the parade as costume characters and elves.
Main Street Parking (from Water St. to Ontario St.)
- closed starting Friday, November 15 at 6 p.m. and will re-open Saturday, November 16 at 2 p.m.
- cars parked on Main Street during the closure may be towed
- overnight street parking restrictions in effect as of November 1
Road Closures on Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Cane Parkway (from William Roe Blvd. north to Lorne Ave.) 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Lorne Ave. (from Cane Parkway to Eagle St.) 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., access to Lorne Ave. barricaded at:
- Andrew St.
- Roywood Cres.
- Dennie Ave.
- Towercrest Dr.
- Lorne Ave. (from Avenue Rd. to Eagle St.) 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Avenue Rd. (from Lorne Ave. to Helmer St.) 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Eagle Street (from Helmer Ave to Main St) 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Water Street (from Prospect St. to Doug Duncan Dr.) 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Main Street (from Water St. to Davis Dr.) 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Ontario Street (from Main St. to Superior St.) 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Simcoe Street (from Main St. to Superior St.) 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Superior Street (from Ontario St. to Davis Dr.) 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Santa Claus Parade Map 2019
Congratulations to the 2018 Santa Claus Parade award winning floats:
Mayor's Trophy – presented by the Mayor's Office for the Best Overall Float –
Viking Shrine Club
Most Original Float – presented by Newmarket Hydro –
In Harmony Dance Studio
Best Commercial/Business Float – presented by the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce – Canada Custom Shutters
Best Non-Profit Float – presented by Main Street Newmarket –
Hwy 11 Cruiser Car Club
Best Dance/Baton/Cheer Float – presented by Darcy Toombs, Coldwell Banker The Estate Centre –
CDA Dance Academy
Thank you to our sponsors:
Presented by former Mayor, Tony Van Bynen
Coldwell Banker The Estate Centre