Date: Saturday, November 21, 2020
Time: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Ray Twinney Recreation Complex - south parking lots (100 Eagle Street West)
"Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus Lane"
Santa Claus Lane is a short, quick, drive-thru event for families to get into the holiday spirit, give a chance for kids to see Santa on his float, and still drop off a letter to Santa.
This event should take approximately 5-10 minutes to drive through depending on traffic.
From the safety of your vehicle, enjoy some busker-style holiday entertainment, music and decor with a drive-thru Santa appearance at the end.
Please note there will not be any community floats this year due to decreased gathering limits.
Cash donations will also be accepted for the Newmarket Food Pantry.
This event is free however online pre-registration is required. Registration is now open for Newmarket residents at play.newmarket.ca. Please see below for additional registration information.
Walk ups/walk throughs are not permitted and non-registered vehicles will not be allowed.
This year's condensed, altered activity will replace the traditional Newmarket Santa Claus Parade due to COVID-19. The event is in compliance with Red Zone COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols.
- Required for participation in the event
- Due to limited spaces available, registration will be available to Newmarket residents only
- Online pre-registration opens Monday, November 16, 2020 at 8 a.m. at
- Only one attendee from each vehicle is required to register (license plate prompt at registration). Do not register each person in attendance.
- Each vehicle can have as many people in the vehicle as legally permitted. All people in the same vehicle should be in the same social circle.
- All vehicles must be fully enclosed (e.g. no motorcycles or convertables with the top down).
- There will be 8, 20 minute time slots to choose from between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. We ask that you arrive at your designated time within a 5-10 minute window.
- This event is compliant with all guidelines set out by the Provincial and Federal governments in addition to York Region Public Health for drive-thru events as outlined in Ontario Regulation 263/20
and the COVID-19 Response Framework: keeping Ontario safe and open.
- Please note:
- Drive-in and drive-thru events are not subject to the gathering limit as long as the requirements in Schedule 2, Section 18
have been met.
- Workers on site do not count towards a gathering limit for a drive-thru event.
- All participants must remain in their vehicles at all times
- A public port-a-potty is available on site however this should only
be used for emergencies.
- Please do not attend the event if you are experiencing or have been in close contact with someone experiencing the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Congratulations to the 2019 Santa Claus Parade award winning floats:
Mayor's Trophy – presented by the Mayor's Office for the Best Overall Float –
Highway 11 Cruisers Car Club
Most Original Float – presented by Newmarket Hydro –
Huron Heights Secondary School
Best Commercial/Business Float – presented by the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce –
New Roots Garden Centre
Best Non-Profit Float – presented by Main Street Newmarket –
Newmarket Hawks Baseball
Best Dance/Baton/Cheer Float – presented by Darcy Toombs, Coldwell Banker The Estate Centre –
CDA Dance Academy
Thank you to our sponsors:
Presented by Mayor John Taylor
Darcy Toombs, Coldwell Banker The Estate Centre
Photo & Video Release
Media and Town of Newmarket staff will be taking photos and video footage at Town of Newmarket Special Events. These images may be used, re-used and published in news stories, social media and on websites, in addition to distributed to our event partners.