Date: Thursday, July 1, 2021
Location: Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive)
Cost: $5 (limited number of spaces available as per COVID-19 safety protocols)
Entry Access Time: 8:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m
Live Concert: 9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Firework Display Time: 10:10 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Be sure to join the Town of Newmarket on Thursday July 1, 2021 to celebrate Canada Day! Register your family (in car only) for our Tim Hortons Canada Day Drive-In Fireworks & Concert event, enjoy a concert and a spectacular fireworks display taking place at Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive).
NOTE: Tickets for this event are $5 per vehicle and are available for purchase starting Monday, June, 21 at 8:00 a.m.
Please see below for important information, registration details, and the link to purchase tickets.
- Tickets will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Tickets are for event entry only, and are not for assigned locations once within the event space. Parking location is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Tickets will not be available for purchase at the event location, this is a pre-registered event.
- Only valid ticket holders will be permitted entry to the event. All vehicles must pre-register and present their printed or digital ticket on site. Registration is per vehicle, with one family per vehicle. Please DO NOT register everyone in the same vehicle individually.
- The fireworks display will be synchronized to specially curated, all Canadian musical playlist. Residents are invited to tune into 97.1FM to enjoy the music, fun trivia, and important messages and to receive the full event experience.
- This event is a drive-in only. No walk in's, drop in's, non-registrants, pedestrians or animals are permitted as per the Province's Stage 1
COVID-19 Reopening Event Protocol.
- This event is open to Newmarket residents only.
- There are no scheduled road closures at this time, although traffic is suspected to be slower upon event entry and exit times at the Magna Centre. Traffic mitigation staff will be on site.
- This year's condensed, altered, drive-in only activity will replace the traditional Tim Hortons Canada Day event due to COVID-19. This event is in compliance with Provincial COVID-19 Guidelines.
REGISTRATION & TICKETS
Pre-registration is required for this event.
Due to limited spaces available, registration will be available to Newmarket residents only.
Tickets are $5 per vehicle. Please register one member of the vehicle ONLY as a representative of that vehicle. Please DO NOT register everyone in the same vehicle individually. Each vehicle can have as many family members in the vehicle as legally permitted.
All vehicles must be fully enclosed (e.g. no motorcycles or convertibles with the top down)
Please note – due to the nature of the event, pets are not permitted.
Registrants will be required to show their ticket upon arrival at the event entrance (either printed or on a smart phone)
Tickets will be checked upon arrival on site (printed or on a smartphone).
- Entry Access Time: 8:30 p.m. - 9:45 p.m.
- Live Concert Time: 9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Firework Display Time: 10:10 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Please continue to check back here for the link to purchase tickets.
TIM HORTONS COFFEE FOR A YEAR CONTEST
Courtesy of Tim Hortons, all who register will be entered into a draw for a CHANCE TO WIN Tim Hortons Coffee for a Year.
Tim Hortons Coffee for a Year Contest
As part of the Town of Newmarket's Canada Day Drive In Fireworks & Concert event and it's partnership with Tim Hortons, Tim Hortons Newmarket is providing each ticket holder the chance to win a Tim Hortons gift card with a value of $750 ("Tim Hortons Coffee for a Year").
The Town of Newmarket has full discretion in applying the following criteria in awarding the gift card with a value of $750 each ("Tim Hortons Coffee for a Year"):
• Ticket holders will automatically be entered into a randomly selected draw upon successfully registering for the event scheduled at 8:30 p.m. on July 1, 2021.
• Registration will be available online through www.newmarket.ca/canadaday.
• Tickets are purchased per vehicle, NOT per person. Therefore, the ticket holder who registered on behalf of their respective vehicle and those attending from within that vehicle, will be awarded the Tim Hortons gift card with a value of $750 ("Tim Hortons Coffee for a Year") should they be drawn as a winner.
• To win, participants must be Newmarket residents who have reached the age of 18 years prior to July 1, 2021. Ticket holders must have not only purchased a ticket for the event but also attended the event on July 1, 2021 and have had their ticket scanned at the event entrance. Employees of the Town of Newmarket and their consultants and consultant subcontractors are not eligible.
• One (1) Tim Hortons gift card, valuing $750 ("Tim Hortons Coffee for a Year").
• Prizes must be claimed within two weeks (14 days) of the Town of Newmarket's initial contact to the winner. Failure to claim the prize will result in a redraw where a Town of Newmarket staff will randomly draw another registered participant as winner on day 15.
PROCEDURE FOR AWARDING PRIZE(S)
• Town of Newmarket staff will contact the winner to notify them of their prize the week of July 5-9, 2021.
• The winner will accept their prize outside the Town of Newmarket's Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive) at a date and time pre-arranged by a Town of Newmarket staff and the prize winner.
• The winner will be asked to participate in a photo at the time the winner claims their prize, for Town of Newmarket marketing purposes.
• When accepting their prize, the winner must answer a skill-testing question and show valid photo ID.
• If a winning player is determined to be under age 18, the prize will be awarded to the player's parent or legal guardian, who must be 18 or older and answer the skill-testing question.
• By participating in this contest, players consent to the use of their name, voice, resemblance, photograph and/or image without compensation, whether online, in print, or in any other media, in connection with contest publicity and/or any aspect of the Town of Newmarket. Participants waive all rights, including moral rights, in this respect.
• By entering, participants release and hold harmless the Town of Newmarket and their officers, employees, council members and agents from any and all liability, claims, and actions of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize won.
• The prize must be accepted as is, and may not be exchanged. No substitutions will be allowed.
• For each random draw, the Town of Newmarket staff will use computer software to select a winning "ballot." The Town of Newmarket shall assume no liability for losses, delays, errors, technical malfunction, damage or any other issue that may occur during collection or processing of contest "ballots" into the software.
• The Town of Newmarket reserves the right to withdraw, terminate, amend or suspend this contest at any time without notice. The published contest schedule and rules are subject to change at any time and without notice.
• The Town of Newmarket reserves the right to disqualify from this contest and any future contests or other promotions conducted by the Town of Newmarket, any individual that they find or believe to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest, to be acting in violation of the official rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
• Any contact information, such as phone number or email address, will not be kept on file or shared, and will be used solely for the purpose of contacting participants who have won the prize.
• Participation in this draw includes acceptance of these rules, which will be applied by Town of Newmarket. All decisions are final.
• This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
EVENT INFORMATION FOR ATTENDEES
Event Entry & Arrival Information
- All attendees should enter from the Fernbank Road roundabout, located at the southeast corner of the Magna Centre, from either Mulock Drive or Fernbank Road.
- Please have your ticket ready before arrival to ensure a quick scanning process.
- Attendees will be directed by parking attendants on site to a parking space. Spaces will fill up on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Once parked, tune into 97.1FM.
- Please stay in your vehicle with the windows up at all times during the event.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency or car trouble please remain in your vehicle and put your four way hazard lights on to get the attention of a staff person on site.
Event Exiting Information
- Once the fireworks have finished, we ask that all vehicles remain parked until directed to leave by a parking attendant. There is a specific, safe order and flow for vehicle traffic.
- When safe to do so, please remember to drive slowly and leave space between yourself and other vehicles.
- You will be directed to exit the event onto Mulock Drive, west of the Magna Centre.
- Please remember to drive slowly and leave space between yourself and other vehicles.
- For any emergencies during the event, please use your 4 way flashers / hazards and a staff person will come attend to your car. We ask that you do not leave your car if at all possible.
Virtual Fireworks & Celebration Kit
For those who cannot attend, we're happy to share that the Department of Canadian Heritage is offering all Canadians with a Canada Day Celebration Kit as well as the opportunity to experience fireworks virtually. Please visit www.canada.ca/canadaday for more information.
Photo & Video Release
Media and Town of Newmarket staff will be taking photos and video footage at Town of Newmarket Special Events. These images may be used, re-used and published in news stories, social media and on websites, in addition to distributed to our event partners.