Saturday February 16, 2019
Newmarket Riverwalk Commons and Newmarket Community Centre and Lions Hall (200 Doug Duncan Drive)
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Pancake breakfast 8 to 11 a.m.)
Bring the family and join us for some winter fun both indoors and outdoors. Please dress for outdoor activities.
Featured activities include:
Indoor activities and attractions:
Outdoor entertainment and activities:
- Tim Burr, Circus Lumberjack
- DJ Tyler Stevenson
- Snow Valley Mini-Tube Area
- Learn the fundamentals of snowboarding in the Burton Riglet Snowboard Park hosted by Snowboard Ontario.
- Learn to Curl hosted by the York Curling Club.
- Learn to play and Free Drop In Sledge Hockey - Bring your own helment, elbow pads and gloves.
- Children's games with the Newmarket Car Club.
- Outdoor public skating (Tim Hortons Skating Feature).
- Enjoy train rides on the Tim Hortons Express Train.
- Newmarket Skating Club performance.
Outdoor vehicles and information booths:
- York Region Paramedics, York Region Transit, Central York Fire Services, York Regional Police
Community group food and beverage options (while quantities last):
- Pancake Breakfast for $1 hosted by the Newmarket Lions Club (8 to 11 a.m.) (Hall 1)
- BBQ hotdogs and hot chocolate provided by the Rotary Club of Newmarket (Outside)
- Cotton candy, popcorn, hot chocolate, and more provided by the Corinthian Masonic Lodge (Outside)
- Pulled pork provided by the Newmarket Lioness Club (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Winterfest Free Skating and Swimming
Sunday, February 17, 2019
Bring your family and friends to enjoy a free skate and swim. Choose one activity or stay for both, it's a fun way to stay active.
NOTE: Please continue to check back for more up to date times and locations. Updated: Jan. 14, 2019
Please refer to
swimming guidelines and ratios.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call Customer Service at (905) 895-5193.
Support Newmarket's green initiatives by walking, carpooling or taking the bus.
For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation information for Town-run events, please call the PLAY Hotline 1-877-PLAY936, on the date of the event, two hours prior to the start time. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.