Bring the family and join us for some winter fun both indoors and outdoors. Please dress for outdoor activities.
- Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Riverwalk Commons and Community Centre & Lions Hall (200 Doug Duncan Drive)
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Pancake breakfast 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- All activities FREE, nominal fee for food
Outdoor Activity & Entertainment Schedule:
9 am – 11 am:
Learn to Curl hosted by York Curling Club
Learn to play Sledge Hockey **Bring your own helmet and gloves**
11 am – 2:00 pm:
Free Public Skating
11:00 am – 1 pm:
Ice Sculpting Demonstration
Ice Lounge feat. DJ Tyler Stevenson
Tim Hortons Express Train
Snow Valley Mini Tube Slide
Central York Fire Services Firetruck and York Regional Police Cruiser
York Region Transit Bus Tour
Newmarket Car Club Children's Games
Indoor Activities (9am – 3 pm):
Community Vendor Area
The Davis Photo Booth
Glama Gal Kids Spa
Interact Youth Group - Arts & Crafts
Mulock Property Engagement Activity
Newmarket Public Library - Button Making
Elman W. Campbell Museum Activities
Halls 3 and 4:
Sports Zone featuring
- Scotiabank Hockey Zone
- Newmarket Minor Hockey Association
- Newmarket Soccer Club
- Newmarket Redbirds Lacrosse
- York Curling Club
Food Options ($):
- Newmarket Lions Club Pancake Breakfast (9 am – 12 pm)
- Wickedly Sinful Food Truck
- Rotary Club BBQ Hotdogs and Hot Chocolate
- Corinthian Masonic Lodge Popcorn and Cotton Candy
- Commons Coffee & Catering
Free Skating and Swimming
Sunday, February 16, 2020
Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (100 Eagle Street West)
Public Skating Noon to 2 p.m. | Public Swimming 2 to 4 p.m.
Photo & Video Release
Media and Town of Newmarket staff will be taking photos and video footage at Town of Newmarket Special Events. These images may be used, re-used and published in news stories, social media and on websites, in addition to distributed to our event partners.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Customer Service at 905-895-5193.
Support Newmarket's green initiatives by walking, carpooling or taking the bus.
For up-to-date weather and/or cancellation information for Town-run events, please call the PLAY Hotline 1-877-PLAY936, on the date of the event, two hours prior to the start time. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.