June is Recreation Month | National AccessAbility Week (May 31 to June 6, 2020) | Senior's Month | National Indigenous History Month
Indigenous Culture & History
· To learn about our Indigenous Culture & History, visit Newmarket.ca/Indigenous
How Do I Access Resources?
- 211 Ontario – helping you navigate the networks of human services quickly and easily
- Town of Newmarket Business Assistance Concierge Program: are you a Newmarket business that has a question or needs assistance with COVID-19 related funding options or available resources? Submit an online inquiry and a Business Assistance Concierge will follow up with you.
- Town of Newmarket COVID-19 Business Support: this Economic Development webpage is full of up to date helpful information about COVID-19 for Newmarket businesses.
- Shop Local Gift Certificate Program: this is an initiative in partnership with the Newmarket Chamber of Commerce and Fan Saves Helps. Help support Newmarket businesses during COVID-19 by purchasing gift cards through this program. If you are a Newmarket business that has been affected by COVID-19 and you would like your business listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer & Donation Opportunities - How can I help the community?
Now more than ever, we need to help each other out. Thanks to all who have offered to help the community during the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic. Here is how you can help these major community groups in Newmarket:
Newmarket Food Pantry
You can make an online donation to the Newmarket Food Pantry. The Newmarket Food Pantry is able to purchase food directly from suppliers to meet the needs of the community.
Inn from the Cold
Inn from the Cold offers various ways the community can assist. Please visit their donation page for more information.
Salvation Army – Northridge
Contact the Salvation Army – Central York Region Northridge directly to see how you can help them. You can also make an online donation to the Central York Region Northridge Community Church directly. If you or someone you know needs help, you can reach out to them as well.
United Way – Peel, Toronto and York Region
Make a donation online to United Way (Peel, Toronto and York Region) to assist those in need during COVID-19. This donation will allow United Way to invest in resources that are needed the most. This includes basic needs for the community, help for seniors, community services and mental health support.
The Town of Newmarket is working with many local organizations who are helping to support the community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on how you can help, please contact us at 905-895-5193.
What organizations are providing services to address COVID-19 needs in our community?
Who needs volunteer help?
Areas in need are: Blood donation, drivers for medicine and grocery delivery, telephoning isolated seniors
Resources for Families & Individuals with Special Needs
ConnectABILITY is a website and virtual community dedicated to lifelong learning and support for people who have an intellectual disability, their families and support networks. The core of the community is accessible, self-directed access to valuable information and tools, ready on demand.
Resources for Seniors
CHATS (Community & Home Assistance to Seniors)
- Expanding their Meals on Wheels Program to enable grocery and pharmacy pick ups, drives to shop for groceries, and shop and drop (driver shops and drops off at home)
- Launching Virtual caregiver support
- Launching Virtual group programs
- Volunteer to Call a Senior: Call 1-877-452-4287 to volunteer for CHATS – Community & Home Assistance to Seniors Telephone Reassurance program today.
Resources for Families, Children, Youth and Teens
Working from Home Resources
Navigating the Digital World
- New to the Digital World? Learn about digital literacy and gain confidence with orientation information, tools, tutorials and guides from
Media Smart Canada
- Real or Fake?
4 easy steps to spot fake information online with
Break the Fake PSA campaign.
- Must read
for Parents! Get a better understanding of what kids are up to on digital devices and how you can support as a parent with practical tools and tips!
Non-Medical Masks & Face Coverings
Click below to explore another Home Sweet Home page