- *New this week* 20 Healthy Dinners in 20 Minutes: quick dinners that has healthy fats, such as salmon stuffed avocados, chickpea curry, spinach and articoke dip pasta, shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles.
- *New this week* 6 Thai Recipes You can Make at Home: Marion's Kitchen makes Thai Beef Salad (0:11), Thai Cashew Chicken (5:16), Soy Sauce Stir-fried Glass Noodles (10:39), Khao Mok Gai (spiced rice + chicken 18:13), Chicken Laab + Thai Salad (27:11), Panang Chicken Curry (35:24).
- *New this week* Matcha Mille Crepe Cake: part French, part Japanese. Thin layers of green tea crepes stacked together with fresh whipped cream in-between.
- *New this week* Tasty Treats & Remixed Recipes: a variety of meals and treats you can make at home!
- *New this week* Facebook Foodie Tribes: feeling lonely in your kitchen? Isolation Food Creations Facebook group Newmarket and Anything Food are two Facebook groups you can join to share food photos, ideas and recipes.
- Recipes from Martha Stewart
- Recipes from Canadian Living
- Pad Thai Recipe: make authentic Pad Thai at home. Also try adding julienne carrots to this recipe!
- Copycat Montana's Antojitos: make your own antojitos recipe from Kidsumers.
- 3 Ingredient Cookies (egg-free): 3 varieties of Egg-free cookies with 3 ingredients: Shortbread Cookies, Chocolate Banana Cookies & Double Coconut Cookies. They're all wholesome and delicious.
- Canada's Great Kitchen Party: Home Edition returns for an encore, tonight (May 6 at 8 p.m. EST) on Facebook Live, to encourage Canadians coast-to-coast to order food from local restaurants and then sit back and enjoy performances and food-related greetings from notable Canadians from musicians to Olympians. Every Wednesday, if you didn't know, is now #TakeOutDay so order in and enjoy the shows! Donations will benefit goodfoodfund.ca and the Community for Food Centres Canada.
- Essentials of Traditional Mexican Food: recipes for Salsas, Tacos, Mexican breakfast, authentic Mexican entrees, Mexican rice, Pozole soup, enchiladas, tamales, flan, tortilla soup, beans soup (charro beans), guacamole, sopes, tostadas, how to make corn and flour tortillas and others. Click here to check it out.
- Healthy & Easy recipes for Teens from Ella Elbells
- Got canned tuna in your pantry? Try these 20 tuna recipes.
- Funnel Cake: Make your own funnel cake with Canada Wonderland's recipe.
- Food Art: Get inspired! Food Artist Gets Kids to Eat Healthy by Turning Meals into Pop Culture Masterpieces.
- 4 Desserts You Can Make With Pie Crust
- Cookie Monster hosts a weekly "Snack Chat" just for kids
- Kid Size Cooking Recipes: This series showcase a family with 5 young kids as they learn to cook some family favorite recipes.
- Travel to Disney Themepark through their Famous Churro Recipe
- Solo Dining: 13 Delicious Meals for One.
- Queer Eye's Antoni Porowski Shares His Favourite Comfort Food
- Eating the right foods for exercise courtesy of healthline.
- Perfect for those who
can’t get away from their work desk at home.
Prep in advance and leave the cooking to your slower cooker! Pick your
menu from these slow-cooker recipes.
- Spending 15 minutes to prep and bake your own herb cheese bread. Ready in about an hour.
- Got a bread machine? Bake your own white bread.
- 20 of the Best Foods to Eat to Keep Fit
- 29 Best Vegetarian Recipes by Cooke+kate
- Eat delicious and healthy: lighter recipes for family cooking by skinnytaste
- Healthy eating recipes by Eatingwell
- Asian cooking recipes by South China Morning Post Cooking
- Breakfast, snack or dessert: 50 Smoothies by The Food Network
- Don't want to cook? Read the 3 ways to avoid picking up germs from Takeout
- Canadiannanny.ca shares how to get your kids involved in the kitchen
- *New this week* Sports, fitness and dance is a fantastic combo! Travel back to Spring 2018 to the Half Time Show for Toronto Raptors of "GOD'S PLAN" featuring Jade's Hip Hop Acadmey and House of Bhangra dancers ages 10-17.
- *New this week* Flashback! Last year this time we were all basking in the euphoria of the Raptor's win in the Playoffs. Relive the Raptors highlights from 2019 when we gathered together.
- *New this week* Do Yoga With Me: free online yoga & meditation.
- *New this week* Couples Workout at Home for Beginners! Couples workout created by the dynamic duo Mark Cimarosti and Shellie Blanks Cimarosti will "kick your butt with the one you love". Join in as they workout with resident MoveTube Family members Quinn Jaxon and Jessica Lang.
- *New this week* 15 Day Family Fitness Challenge: need some motivation to get your family moving? Challenge another family to complete the activities together yet apart.
- *New this week* 4 Song Workout Challenge
- *New this week* Keeping Kids in Motion: monthly fitness challenges, resources, games and more.
- *New this week* Zumbini Virtual Classes: worldwide instructors provide, free or request for donation classes. Instructor requests vary.
- Pop Sugar Fitness: online workouts.
- Exercise Plan for Seniors: Stretch it out!
- YMCA360 – Free Virtual Workouts
- Relaxing Full Body Stretch video
- Physio and Rehabilitation Exercises - video library
- 6 Fun Partner Exercises
- How to do Leg Days at Home like a Soccer Pro: leg exercises by GQ
- 25+ Fitness Studios and Gyms Offering Live-Stream Workouts.
- Train for Swimming at home: A selection of exercises that you can pick and choose from that will all contribute to maintaining or even strengthening your swimming muscles in some way.
- For Seniors: Active Older Adult Exercise and Fitness Tips – a great resource for keeping fit.
- Total Body Toning & Low Impact 30 Min Cardio Workout: instructor moderated people with a focus on form, low impact totally body workout
- Bring Dance to your Homes: Canada's National Ballet School presents ways to stay active with dance moves (free online videos) that are appropriate for kids, adults and seniors.
- Dance Along Video for Kids & Teens: The Best Day of My Life
- From Autism Ontario: Friday Fit Classes - free physical activity sessions will be facilitated by Patrick Jachyra and Bri Redquest at the Azrieli Centre.
- Hockey Drills at Home: check out Coach
Jeremy’s quarantine camp series for some awesome drills to practice off the
- Dance Fitness: Dance along with Kidz Bop to the tune of The Best Day of My Life.
- For Participants with Mobility Issues: T.I.M.E Exercise Resources (printable attachment), Exercise and Wellness Videos
- Be Fit for Life – resources available in various formats.
- Low Impact Cardio for Seniors
- 100's of Workouts FREE from Celebrity Trainers, courtesy of Courtesy of ACTIVE by PopSugar Fitness.
- Food for Fitness Podcast
- Online Workouts & Resources (equipment-free)
- For kids (or silly
adults): videos designed to get kids moving to be
their strongest, bravest, silliest, smartest, bestest selves. Try Banana Banana Meatball.
- For Seniors: Therapeutic Exercises at the Kitchen
Sink: Part 1 and Part 2
- For Seniors: Chair Yoga for Seniors (Beginners) provided by Nanci (YouTube video). A gentle class for all ages & levels - learn how to do yoga poses using a chair for support. Part 1 and Part 2
- For all ages: Perfect for those long hours at the desk. A 10 Minute Neck, Shoulders and Upper BackYoga Stretch routine from Yoga with Adriene on YouTube
- For all ages: 5 minute Desk Workout
- For Toddlers: easy, fun yoga designed specially for toddlers with songs, nursery rhymes and simple stories. Sign up for a
Free Two Week Trial by Cosmic Kids Yoga
- For those living with chronic lung disease: The Lung Association offers
Fitness for Breath Exercise maintenance for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), as well as other chronic lung diseases such as severe asthma and pulmonary fibrosis
- 25 ways to take your favorite workout classes at home according to USA Today
- For all ages:
- For Seniors: Exercises and tips for the body and mind by
Canadian Centre for Activity & Aging, University of Western Ontario
- For kids: Joe Wicks Is The Nation's P.E. Teacher With Free Daily Kids Workouts On You Tube.
Health & Wellness
- *New this week* Learn to Relax and Sleep Better with these 13 Meditation Apps: meditation can help with anxiety and sleep during stressful times. Some of these apps are offering free services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- *New this week* Lessons from the Warzone (podcast): How to Survive & Flourish in a Pandemic. Mary Hynes is an assistant professor of political science at the University of Toronto and the director of the Islam and Global Affairs Initiative at the Munk School. She's also chair of the board of Women in International Security Canada.
- *New this week* Work Life with Adam Grant (podcast): A New York Times best selling author, organizational psychologist Adam Grant takes you inside some truly unusual places, where they've figured out how to make work not suck.
- Yoga for Kids with Animals: practice mindfulness and yoga with your four legged friend alongside Zen the Cat.
- Healing by Sound: baroque Cello & Violin music by Pablo Arellano perfect for relaxing and meditation.
- DIY Facials: 13 recipes for the perfect homemade facial masks.
- How to Escape the Inner Man Cave of Isolation: discussion about masculinity, isolation and relationships from the Manstalk blog.
- Supporting Teenagers and Young Adults During Covid: Tips for parents with older children at home
- Self Care for Caregivers: Information and resource hub by the Government of Canada for people caring for others, how to recognize signs of stress, how to alleviate stress and where to seek for help and support.
- Benefits of Good Posture
- How to turn your bathroom into a personal Home Spa, courtesy of Martha Stewart Living.
- Red Cross Canada: Self Care, Working from Home, Tips and Resources
- The Healing Power of Sound as Meditation: Research suggests sound is a powerful tool to reduce pain, anxiety, and more. Courtesy of Psychology Today.
- Healing by Sound: Baroque Cello & Violin music: relaxing music courtesy of Pablo Arellano
- Meditative Performance of Tibetan Singing Bowls by Percussion artist Tsang Man Tung.
- Tips to help seniors boost physical and mental health during quarantine
- Food for Fitness FREE Podcast
- Autism Ontario: Monday Mindfulness classes: online mindfulness sessions for caregivers and loved
ones in the developmental disability community, regardless of age or
- Insight Timer: Free meditation app with over 40,000 free guided tracks.
- Zoomed Out: how we can politely tell others we would rather not chat - some advice
on managing our mental wellness when it comes to virtual meetings.
- Sesame Street: I-Sense with Cookie Monster | Monster Meditation #1. Cookie Monster can't wait for his cookies to be
done baking! His friend Mr. Andy from Headspace is here to help with a Monster
Meditation. Join Cookie Monster and Mr. Andy in a game of I-Sense, and discover
how you can make waiting more fun!
- 7 Best At-home Workout by
- 4 Meditation Techniques to Help Bust Your Stress
- Get active inside or outside the house with this 13 minute
Family fun cardio workout
- Free your minds with Deepak Chopra, author and wellness guru in this
3 minute meditation video
relaxing piano music while you work or explore other classical music or poetry selections by
- Lululemon's free yoga & meditation classes
- Yoga with Adriene YouTube Channel
Click below to explore another Home Sweet Home page