Senior's Wellness Symposium
- Date: Saturday, June 22, 2019
- Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cost: $10/person
Our Senior’s Wellness Symposium will inspire a healthy, active, and independent lifestyle for older adults. It will feature expert guest speakers on important issues such as physical and mental health, memory and aging, senior safety & fraud prevention, maintaining independence through aging in place, and tools for providing care for a loved one.
- Light refreshments & Lunch included
- Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Enjoy low impact wellness breaks during the symposium
- Please bring a refillable water bottle
All delegates must complete a short 1 page health goal survey prior to the symposium.
Register in person at:
- Seniors' Meeting Place (474 Davis Drive)
- Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (100 Eagle Street West)
- Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive)
- Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive)
Schedule of Events
|8:45 to 9 a.m.||Sign In & Light Refreshments|
|9:15 a.m.||Welcome + Opening Remarks|
Keynote - Dr. Anderson
Memory & Aging
Presentation - York Regional Police
Senior Fraud and Safety
|11:30 a.m.||Wellness Break|
Presentation - Don Fenn
Understanding Aging in Place
|2:15 p.m.||Wellness Break|
Keynote - Noureddin Chahrour
Stretching & Exercise For a Healthy Life
For a printeable version of the Schedule of Events click here.
All events located at Newmarket Seniors' Meeting Place, 474 Davis Drive (unless outlined above)