Updated November 29, 2021
Safety is our top priority. The Town of Newmarket continues to work with all levels of government to respond to COVID-19 and as the requirements to show proof of vaccination and proof of identification evolve.
Individuals age 12 and older are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and have received their final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering a Town facility, event or program, unless the individual qualifies for an exemption.
Click here for COVID-19 protocols and vaccination requirements.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person programs and events hosted by the Town of Newmarket will follow all guidelines released by the Ontario Ministry of Health and York Region Public Health. We are dedicated to providing a fun and safe environment for all staff and participants.
Welcome back to indoor Pickleball! We are excited offer a variety of Pickleball programs surely to meet the needs of all players from beginners to experts! The time slots on the drop-in schedule have been designated into various levels of play.
Important Dates and Information:
Pre-registration for Badminton and Pickleball
drop-in programs will be available 8 a.m. the Sunday prior to the week you wish to participate. I.e. Registration for the week of January 3 drop-in programs will be available Sunday, January 2 at 8 a.m. at play.newmarket.ca. To attend a single visit drop-in program, all participants must reserve your spot online and pay/redeem your pre-purchased 10/20/30/100x punch pass at customer service kiosk 15-minutes prior to attending the program you have a reservation for.
- Walk–in registrations are not permitted for any Badminton or Pickleball drop-in programs. Pre-registration is required.
- Drop-in program schedule can be viewed by clicking
- Drop-in program sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should the Town of Newmarket cancel programs and/or program sessions beyond the control of our participants, a credit will be processed to your account.
- Waitlists are managed regularly and are treated on a first come, first serve basis. Should a spot become available a Town staff person will contact you to advise accordingly. Do not come into the facility until you have been contacted by a Town staff person. If you do not wish to register or cannot be reached, you will be deleted from the waitlist and the next name will be contacted. You will not be contacted should there not be availability. Drop-ins are not permitted at this time.
Withdrawals and Cancellations
If you cannot make your scheduled time one (1) day, in advance you can log back into your account and withdraw yourself from the scheduled session/class. A credit will be applied to your account.
For cancellations on the day of your session, please notify us by emailing email@example.com with CANCEL in the subject line or call 905-953-5303. A credit will be applied to your account.
- Cancellations received with less than 2-hour notice will be considered late and will be considered a no show.
How to Book a Program
Log onto play.newmarket.ca
- You will be required to use your Family PIN #and Personal Barcode # to book a time slot. All existing users/ members will have one already in our system.
I forget my password or log in.
- If you do not know or remember your LOGIN information:
- Select 'Login' (on the top right-hand corner of the screen)
- Select 'Forgot Password?'
- An email will be sent to you from 'helpdesk, quik-e-link (TBC-trying to adjust)' with your Family PIN # and Personal Barcode # for every member in your household.
I'm a new user
- New users can create an account by clicking "Create New Account" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will receive a confirmation of account activation within one (1) business day by email.
- Click on the Programs tab under the search function
- Under "Browse for Courses" click on "Pre-school", find the desired program, click on the Add button to put it into your basket.
- You may move back and forth between My Basket and the Activities screen using the tabs at the top of the page.
- When you have finished, proceed to the Checkout to make a payment where applicable.
- A receipt once your payment has been successfully completed will be emailed to you for your records
IMPORTANT: All online registrations must be paid in full using a valid credit card (VISA, Mastercard and American Express). Any outstanding balance on your account must also be paid at this time. Any credits on your account will automatically be applied to the total balance due.
If you are reserving your drop-in program you will pay for the program upon arrival. Please arrive early to pay or redeem your 10/20/30/100x pre-purchased punch pass at least 15 mins prior to the start of the drop-in program.
Outdoor Pickleball Courts will remain open for use until further notice. For a list of what’s open and what’s closed
We have 2 locations for outdoor Pickleball:
- Quaker Park (6 dedicated Pickleball courts)
- Joe Persechini Park (2 tennis courts offering 6 temporary Pickleball courts with portable nets).
No additional Park/Court amenities will be available until further notice including: portable nets, washrooms, picnic tables, shade structure and use of the Pickleball storage container and container contents.
We are excited and anxious to get back to delivering the excellent services we know our community is greatly missing, but we can only do so in a safe and planned manner. Again, as more information becomes available, it will be shared with you. Please share this information with your Pickleball colleagues.
Please stay safe and continue practicing safe social distancing. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assumption of Risk
The Town of Newmarket in collaboration with York Region Public Health, continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. Users of the Town of Newmarket facilities, buildings and/or amenities are reminded that the facilities, buildings and/or amenities are open for use at your own risk. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By visiting any Town of Newmarket facility, building and/or amenity you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage, and possible exposure to a communicable disease including COVID-19. We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities including the York Region Public Health Unit, Ontario Health and Public Health Agency of Canada.
Click here to sign up for the Recreation E-Newsletter for updates.
We welcome our community's feedback and input and would love to hear from you on what programs / activities you would like to see offered by the Town. Email us at email@example.com with your suggestions.
Stay up-to-date on the latest Town updates by following @TownofNewmarket on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and visit Newmarket.ca/COVID19.
Questions? Should you have any questions, please contact the Customer Service Kiosk by phone at 905-953-5303 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Kiosk is available Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be program disruptions, changes and facility closures. We continue to offer alternative ways to serve the community. Learn about Newmarket's approach to reopening and for current information and resources. For any inquiries, please email email@example.com.