All programs facilitated by the Town of Newmarket welcome participation of all abilities. We provide a welcoming, comfortable and inclusive environment to encourage participation, with the goal of supporting the individual person's progress. In addition, there are specialized courses with increased levels of support in varying settings. The Town of Newmarket is dedicated to ensuring all individuals have a successful recreation experience. There are times when a participant requires more support than our program ratios are able to provide. In these cases, we strongly recommend consulting with us about our support options.
Additional support is required if:
- Extra support is required at school
- A disability exists that could affect the safety of the participant or other participants
- Extra support is required at home for basic care
- Participant is associated with support agency and/or program
- Participant has a safety plan with their educational institution
- There are behaviours to be managed (ie. Biting, scratching, pinching, etc)
All About Me
Families are required to complete an All About Me Package to help staff with any program adaptations. When considering a recreation experience, please consider the individual needs, and that recreation in an integrated setting may not be suitable for all persons. The health and safety of participants and staff is paramount. Any actions or behaviours which contravene this policy could result in a participant being denied access to the program.