The Regional Municipality of York is inspecting and rehabilitating the York Durham Sewage System (YDSS) forcemain through the Town of Newmarket. The forcemain was twinned in 2021 which allows for inspection and maintenance of the original forcemain that was built in the 1980’s. The work will extend the life of the forcemain and increase reliability of the sewage system.
What can you expect?
- Work will be limited to inspection areas along the alignment of the YDSS forcemain; there may be increased construction-related traffic on local roads, public trails, and at inspection sites.
- Access to Nokiidaa/Tom Taylor trails and some pathways in the Wesley Brooks Conservation Area may be temporarily restricted while investigation and maintenance work is taking place
- Due to the nature of the work, there will be construction-related noise and dust from the equipment and trucks, though every effort to minimize this will be made
- Access to all homes and buildings will be maintained and there is no impact to your water or wastewater services As with all maintenance projects, some work may be re-scheduled due to weather or other conditions
- When the work is complete the roads and public trails will be fully restored
Visit york.ca/waterconstruction for more information about York Region’s water and wastewater construction projects.
More information about the forcemain twinning project can be found at york.ca/forcemaintwinning.
Thank you for your patience while York Region completes this vital work.
Please see the attached notice for more information and details.
Questions can be directed to:
- Kenny Ching, Project Manager, Public Works, Environmental Services 905-953-6437, firstname.lastname@example.org