Newmarket to reopen facilities and resume programming on January 31 in response to the recent provincial announcement which outlined that Ontario will begin to ease current regulations, the Town of Newmarket is very pleased to welcome back visitors to its facilities and resume programming on January 31.
On Monday, January 31, the following town facilities will reopen:
- Magna Centre, including ice rinks and the fitness centre. Please note that the Magna Centre pool will be closed until March 5 for necessary maintenance. The Town is undertaking this work now, while currently closed under provincial regulations so that the pool will not have to close in the spring for maintenance.
- Ray Twinney Recreation Complex, including pools and ice rinks. Please note the vaccination clinic at the Ray Twinney Complex will also remain open for vaccinations by appointment only.
- Recreation Youth Centre and Sk8 Park will reopen the skate park. The COVID-19, cold and flu clinic will continue to operate at the Youth Centre with a separate designated entrance.
- Elman W. Campbell Museum
- Newmarket Seniors' Meeting Place
- The Community Centre and Lions Hall – will continue to be open as a Vaccination Clinic only
- New Roads Centre for Performing Arts will be available for rentals
- Old Town Hall will be available for rentals
Programming that was scheduled to begin on February 1, will now resume. The programs that were cancelled in January will not be rescheduled. The Town plans to run spring recreation and culture programs, summer camps and summer programs. Residents can sign up for the Town's Recreation, Programs & Events e-newsletter to get alerts when the recreation guide is available and registration is open, sign up here
All outdoor amenities in Newmarket remain open, including skating at Riverwalk Commons, the Global Pet Foods Dog Park presented by Snap'd, the outdoor community skating rink at Lions Park, outdoor basketball, pickleball and tennis courts (Drew Doak Park, Haskett Park and Keith Davis) and all trails, playgrounds and parks.
Newmarket continues to offer services in a variety of ways, for more information email email@example.com or call 905-895-5193. For the most up-to-date information on programs, events and cancellations, visit newmarket.ca/covid19.
The Customer Service Centre at the Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive) remains open from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Newmarket Public Library also remains open with reduced capacity limits inline with the provincial regulations. Visit newmarketpl.ca for more information.
The Province will continue to follow a cautious and phased approach to lifting public health measures, with 21 days between each step. To view the other changes set to take place on February 21 and March 14, please view provincial media release.
For more information on COVID-19 in York Region and Ontario, including vaccination booking information, visit york.ca/covid19 or ontario.ca/coronavirus