Notice of Complete Application
Proposed Official Plan Amendment, Zoning By-law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision
PROPERTY DESCRIPTION: Former Glenway Golf Course (west of the Hydro Corridor)
APPLICANT: Marianneville Developments Limited
FILE NUMBER: D9NP1902 (OPA), D14NP1902 (ZBA), D12NP1902 (DPS)
Applications for Official Plan Amendment, Zoning By-law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision have been submitted for the above noted lands. The application is proposing to re designate and rezone the lands subject to these applications to allow for:
- 10 single detached dwellings: five on the south side of Sykes Road (Lots 1-5) and five on the east side of Alex Doner Drive (Lots 6-10).
- 87 single detached vacant land condominium units (POTLs) on private roads: 26 located in the area surrounded by westerly leg of Alex Doner Drive (Block 11), and 61 located north and west of Kirby Crescent (Block 12).
- 96 medium density residential townhouse units, located east of Bathurst Street and south of Sykes Road (Block 13).
- Parkland/Trail blocks: west of Borland Court and including the recreational trail easement recently conveyed to the Town (Block 14); north of Amberlee Court (Block 15); and adjacent to Kirby Park, providing a westerly expansion to the existing Park (Block 16).
- Storm Water Management: Blocks 17 and 18 currently contain existing stormwater ponds which will be retrofitted and upgraded. These blocks will also provide for passive recreation use, and will have connections to other open space, parkland and trails.
This application is deemed complete under the Planning Act R.S.O., 1990. At this time there are no other applications pertaining to the subject land. A map detailing the location of the subject lands is below.
A statutory public meeting as required by the Planning Act R.S.O., 1990 will be held at a future undetermined date. Notice of the future statutory public meeting will be mailed from the Town of Newmarket no less than 20 days prior to the meeting date.
The public may view planning documents and background material at the Planning Department between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or at the following link: www.newmarket.ca/MariannvilleWest.
Questions, written submissions or requests for notification may be directed to:
Dave Ruggle, BAA, MCIP, RPP, Senior Planner – Community Planning
Planning and Building Services
Town of Newmarket
395 Mulock Drive
PO Box 328 Stn Main
Newmarket, ON L3Y 4X7
Dated at the Town of Newmarket this 8th day of April, 2019