The Town of Newmarket Council has approved the 2020 budget. It is anticipated that this will result in an all-in (Town, York Region and School Board) tax increase of 2.39 per cent (subject to tax shifting and finalized tax rates from York Region and the School Board). Based on an average property assessment value of approximately $618,750, residents will see an increase of $59.74 on their tax bill, a water/wastewater rate increase of $59.72 (4.92 per cent) and a stormwater rate increase of $4.12 (10.86 per cent).
The total approved 2020 Operating Budget is $134.6 million and the Capital Budget is $37.8 million, with a combined total of $172.4 million.
Highlights from the 2020 budget include:
- $2.4 million towards trails and active transportation
- $2.2 million for the continued implementation of the Recreation Playbook (including a new skate park design and splash pad construction)
- $1.3 million for new park developments
- $5.4 million for the design and construction of CYFS Station 4-5
- $6.6 million for road rehabilitation
- $1.6 million for fleet replacement
- $1 million for road resurfacing
- $623,000 for theatre renovations
- $300,000 to advance the Mulock Farm Park/Property
See the 2020 budget webpage
for additional details.