Residents looking to stay warm during the extreme cold weather tonight can visit a Town of Newmarket building and facility during its hours of operation.
Hours of Operations for Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive) - open until 10 p.m.
- Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (100 Eagle Street West) - open until 7 p.m.
- Newmarket Public Library (438 Park Avenue) - open until 9 p.m.
- Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive) - open until 4:30 p.m.
There are also seasonal emergency housing and shelters and other emergency housing facilities across York Region for people experiencing homelessness. In Newmarket, those seeking shelter can contact or visit one of the following:
- Inn from the Cold (510 Penrose Street) which provides overnight accommodation for those seeking temporary housing, meals and clothing. Inn from the Cold is open from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m., seven days a week from November to early April. For more information, call 905-895-8889.
- Belinda's Place (16580 Yonge Street) which provides accommodations for women who are homeless or in crisis. For information on Belinda's Place, call 289-366-4673.
- Street Outreach Van, which provides mobile street outreach services to homeless, street involved people and those at risk of being homeless, seven days a week from 2 to 9 p.m. To schedule a meeting place and time, call 1-866-553-4053
- York Region: Emergency and Transitional Housing – York Region provides assistance in helping vulnerable individuals find emergency and temporary housing support. Call 1-877-464-9675 for more information.