Newmarket's Financial Relief Program is an extension of the preliminary measures that the Newmarket put in place in March to waive penalties and interest on the March and April property tax payments. The Financial Relief Program will include:
- No penalty and interest charges on property tax payments until January 1, 2021
- No penalty and interest charges for late payment of water/wastewater bills until January 1, 2021
- Reducing water and wastewater rates by 4.69 per cent beginning May 1, 2020
- Waiving all Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) penalties until the end of June 2020
- Deferring the stormwater charges to November 2020
- No penalty and interest charges for all Town accounts receivable including development agreements, leases and sponsorships
This Financial Relief Program ensures fairness and equity and is coordinated with the programs being offered by other levels of government. Residents and businesses that are able to continue to pay are strongly encouraged to do so. This will help the Town to continue to dedicate resources to those most financially challenged by COVID-19 and to continue providing essential services like fire and emergency, waste collection and safe drinking water.
In addition to the Financial Relief Program the Town has a number of plans in place to support the community as a whole and particularly the most vulnerable in the community through a variety of programs and partnerships. The business community is also being strongly supported through the creation of the Business Assistance Concierge (BAC) program (a virtual business support and resiliency centre) and an overall Economic Resiliency Action Plan.
For more information, call 905-895-5193 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents and Businesses on Pre-Authorized Payment Plans during COVID-19.
If you are currently on a pre-authorized payment plan (PAP) and need more time to pay for the April 28 tax payments, you will need to notify the Town in writing by emailing email@example.com. Doing so will stop all PAP withdrawals and cancel your participation from the PAP program.
If you wish to return to any PAP plans in the future, you will need to re-apply and pay any remaining balance on your account. The account balance must be $0. This applies to all Pre-Authorized Payment Plans (10-month - Plan B, Plan D, Plan E and Installment Plans).
For more information, visit our frequently asked questions webpage on property taxes and options for residents during COVID-19.
How to pay your property taxes during COVID-19 Closures
Please do not pay in person as the Municipal Offices (395 Mulock Drive) is currently closed. The Town still offers a number of payment options for your property taxes. For more details, check payment options.
- Online or telephone banking
- Mailing a cheque to the Municipal Offices
- Drop off a cheque at the Municipal Offices in the after-hours drop off box by the front doors