5 tips to help you cool off during extreme heat
- Stay hydrated and drink as much water as possible. Limit caffeinated beverages or alcohol as these items can dehydrate you.
- Wear loose, breathable and light-coloured clothing, a hat and sunscreen when outdoors.
- Avoid the sun and stay in the shade
- Take cool showers or baths.
- Do not leave pets or children in hot cars.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Town facilities and buildings remain closed until further notice. At this time, the town cannot safely open buildings and facilities to be used as places to cool off due to the inability to ensure emergency orders set out by the Province of Ontario are followed (safe physical distancing, social gatherings of 10 or less etc.).
Those looking for assistance can contact York Region's Street Outreach at 1-866-553-4053.
For more information, visit York Region's webpage on extreme heat.