Library gradually re-opening starting July 28
In keeping with the gradual re-opening of businesses and services across the province, Newmarket Public Library is planning a limited re-opening beginning Tuesday, July 28, 2020.
In order to keep our users and staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic we are following the York Region Medical Officer of Health's recommendations and all visitors will be required to:
- Wear a mask or a face covering.
- Sanitize their hands prior to entry.
- Follow physical distancing rules and maintain a distance of 6ft. / 2m. between themselves and others at all times.
- Wait in line outside as a strict maximum total number of visitors inside the library will be in effect at all times.
Library services will initially be limited to:
- Picking up and checking out of items on hold.
- Issuing and renewing library cards.
- Using public computer workstations for one hour only.
- Returning materials using the outside drop-off slots only.
- No browsing of the shelves or use of study or lounge furniture will be permitted.
Hours of operation will be:
- Tuesday to Thursday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
When York Region is permitted to move into Stage 3 of the Province's re-opening plan, and if the measures currently being taken are successful as it relates to user and staff safety, the Library will gradually expand services, such as retrieving material from the shelves for patrons to browse and borrow on the spot.
Items placed on hold for curbside pick-up will still be available. However, users will be required to enter the library to retrieve items. If you have items on loan, the library will continue to charge no overdue fines, but we encourage you to return items by the due date, as we will shortly begin the process of charging for the replacement of items long overdue.
Thank you for your patience and your support of the Library. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions, requests, or comments via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , via text at 905-769-0433, or via phone at 905-953-5110. Library staff will monitor and respond to your questions Tuesday to Saturday.