Following the sucess of the July program, the Town will continue to offer a drop-in bicycle obstacle course every Tuesday and Friday at the Magna Centre. This free program is "geared" to beginner/intermediate bicyclists ages 6-10 years with previous riding ability that will provide both skill development whizzing through a variety of course obstacles while challenging riders in a safe and fun environment. Practice skills including balance, control, heads-up riding and safety while peddling, turning and navigating your way through a variety of fun obstacles!
Upon completion of the course (approx. 5-10 mins), cyclers will have increased confidence and knowledge of cycling, all while under the supervision of staff who'll assure safety and fun!
What Parents/Participants need to know:
- "Wheeling Through The Summer" Bicycle Obstacle Course is a FREE Drop-in program.
- Recommended for children 6-10 years with previous bicycling experience and demonstrated comfort level riding their bike.
- Obstacle course is designed for beginner/intermediate participants and course completion is optional.
- It is recommended that parents/guardians stay on site for children who require assistance on their bikes.
- This is not a Learn to Ride program.
- Course should take participants between 5-10 mins to complete. Take as many turns as you like.
- Washrooms NOT available.
- In the event of Thunder/Lightning the program will be cancelled.
- Please check social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) for program cancellation notices.
Participants should bring:
- Personal Water bottle - please label with participants name
- Sunscreen - not to be shared with other participants
- Personal bicycle in good working condition
- Helmet is mandatory (Bike, skate/snowboard/ski and hockey helmets permitted)
- Appropriate clothing for weather
- Appropriate footwear. Sandals/flip flops, etc. are not permitted on the course
Age: 6 to 10 years
Time: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Every Tuesday and Friday at the Magna Centre (800 Mulock Drive) south parking lot until August 28
Safety Measures: COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene measures will be in effect.
Following all Provincial and Public Health COVID-19 Guidelines, Standard First Aid/CPR certified Town of Newmarket Staff will be on site at all times during program.