On Wednesday, August 26, the Magna Fitness Centre will reopen in a new space, with new machines and many new steps to keep members, staff and the community safe.
As we reopen our recreation offerings, safeguards will be put in place to prepare the space to allow for physical distancing, to manage capacity and ensure ongoing sanitization. But, there are also steps we'll all need to take each time we enter a facility to put the safety precautions into practice.
Here's how we can all work together to stay safe and stay active!
What you need to do when using our facilities:
- Keep your physical distance of 2 metres (6 ft.) at all times
- Complete a self-assessment and health screening upon entry. Stay home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- Wear a mask when entering the facility, in common areas, lobbies, washrooms, and hallways. Masks are not required in workout areas but recommended to be with you at all times
- Follow the signage for where to enter and exit. You can only access via the West entrance.
- Wipe down your equipment BEFORE and AFTER each use. To make this convenient spray bottles have been replaced with new Certainty™ Disinfectant Wipes stations
To best manage capacity, and guarantee your spot, book it in advance. Come ready to workout with a change of shoes and limited personal items as change rooms and lockers are not available at this time. You'll be able to place your items on a chair spaced around the room.
What we are doing to keep you safe
- Prior to reopening, the entire Facility has gone through a rigorous deep clean and disinfecting.
- High traffic surface areas will be disinfected a minimum of twice per day.
- Floors are disinfected daily
- Hand sanitizing stations will be at the entrance and accessible throughout the facility. Additional hand sanitizing stations are available and frequent handwashing is encouraged.
- All Fitness staff will be required to wear a mask with the exception of Fitness Instructors while actively instructing a class
- Protective barriers have been installed at designated locations where Staff and Members meet, including the front desk, and where possible.
- Signage to direct the flow of traffic and encourage physical distancing will be posted.
- The Fitness Centre has been relocated to the Magna Centre Honda Rink to ensure that we have 7 feet between our pieces of equipment
- We have all brand-new equipment available for your use
- A minimum of 30 minutes of dedicated cleaning is conducted after each 1.5 hour workout session
While there are many changes, what you can always count on is a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. For full details on new procedures and how to book your workout session, visit newmarket.ca/fitness.
We hope to see you soon!