On Friday, November 13, the Province of Ontario announced that York Region including Newmarket will be entering the 'Red Control Zone' as of Monday, November 16 in an effort to slow the transmission of COVID-19.
What does this mean for the Town of Newmarket?
- Gathering limits for all public events and social gatherings are:
- 10 people indoors
- 25 people outdoors
- The Magna Fitness Centre will be limited to 10 patrons per workout session; 3m distance must be maintained at all times
- Skate Park at the Recreation Youth Centre will be limited to 10 participants per session
- Team sports must not be practiced or played, except for training (no games or scrimmage)
- No spectators permitted (exemption for parent and guardian supervision of children)
For more information on restrictions in the 'Red Control Zone', please visit the Province of Ontario's website. For more information on COVID-19, please visit York.ca/covid19