The Town of Newmarket's parking enforcement team is responsible for enforcing parking standards on public road allowances and, as requested, on private property. Enforcement of
parking regulations supports improved road safety, traffic flow, accessibility, and assists the town in managing its road infrastructure for street cleaning, refuse removal and snow clearing.
Any vehicles found in violation of the
Parking By-law 1993-62** may be issued a ticket and /or towed at the owner's expense. Parking fines range from $20 to $300.
* Note that the Parking By-law is amended from time to time. Please contact Legislative Services at 905-895-5193 ext. 2220 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on parking restrictions or to obtain the most recent copy of the By-law.
** Please note that beginning April 16, 2019 the Town will charge a fee for the Parking Exemption program.
Parking Complaint Process
If you have a parking complaint, you may register your complaint by contacting the Customer Service department at 905-895-5193, or file a complaint in person at the
Municipal Offices . If your parking complaint is after hours, please leave a message and a customer service associate will process your request.
The Town keeps the identity of every complainant confidential unless the complainant has agreed to be identified.
Please remember you must provide the following information when filing a complaint:
- Complainant name, address and telephone number
- Complaint location (address)
- A satisfactory explanation of the complaint and details that would assist
Parking complaints will be investigated as soon as possible.
Winter Parking Restrictions
Winter Parking Restrictions are in effect each year from November 1 to April 15. You may not park vehicle(s) on any roadway:
- Between the hours of 2 and 6 a.m.
- That interferes with the clearing of snow at any time of day, regardless of whether or not there is snow
Reminder, the following is prohibited year-round:
- Parking a vehicle for more than three consecutive hours except between 7 and 11 p.m.
- Parking in front of or within two feet of a driveway or laneway
For more information, call the Town at 905-895-5193.