During the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be program disruptions, changes and facility closures. We continue to offer alternative ways to serve the community. Learn about Newmarket's approach to reopening and for current information and resources. For any inquiries, please email email@example.com.
- Photo taken prior to the COVID-19 pandemic
Updated Thursday, January 21, 2021
Outdoor skating at Riverwalk Commons is open during the current Provincial orders.
For information on how to book, hours of operation and any updates please click the link here. Please read and comply with all regulations and procedures to ensure a fun, safe, and socially distanced skating experience for everyone.
All participants are required to book their skate session one day in advance at play.newmarket.ca.
TO BOOK YOUR SKATING TIME:
Registration opens at 9 a.m. the day prior to the day you wish to skate. At this time, outdoor skating is only open to Newmarket residents due to limited on ice capacity. Book at play.newmarket.ca using your Family Pin Number and Personal Barcode #.
CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT OR INQUIRIES ABOUT YOUR FAMILY PIN NUMBER:
If you do not have a Family Pin Number, please register for one at play.newmarket.ca under "create new account". Need Assistance? Please contact Customer Service either by phone at 905-895-5193 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Fridays: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
MASKS TO BE WORN ON SITE
Following public health guidelines, masks must be worn at all times while accessing the Tim Hortons Skating Feature. This includes when putting on/taking off equipment, while skating, waiting in line ups and exiting the site.
We ask that residents fill out their Screening Form prior to arriving on site. The form is available at here.
ON SITE WALK UPS: STARTING JANUARY 25, 2021
It is recommended you schedule your skating session 24 hours in advance at play.newmarket.ca to secure your skate time. On site walk ups are permitted provided patrons adhere to the regulations. Patrons are asked to stay within their family unit of no more than 5 people and there is a designated location outdoors to line up socially distanced in the order of arrival. 10 minutes after the start of each skate, staff will determine if there are any available spots and how many. Full contact info and COVID screening will be required before going on the ice. There is a maximum of 25 participants on the ice.
For the full list of procedures regarding on site walk ups, please visit this page. To avoid disappointment, please read the details regarding on site walk up reminders.
Skating Rules and Reminders:
- Reservations must be made for immediate family members only and restricted to Newmarket residents.
- Walk-ups are permitted on a first-come first-served basis. See reverse side for details.
- Skating sessions will be limited to 45 minutes.
- All participants will be required to participate in an online health screening questionnaire on site. Save time by completing it before you arrive at newmarket.ca/covidscreening and show it to the staff member when you check in.
- Face coverings are required at all times; while waiting in line, preparing to skate, while on the ice and when disembarking and leaving the rink facility.
- Helmets are strongly recommended for all participants.
- Shinny is not permitted at any time.
- Children under the age of 10 years old are recommended to be accompanied by a guardian at least 16 years of age or older. Parents not skating but remaining within the fenced area of the skating feature will be required to register as a participant and will count towards the capacity limit of 25. Parents waiting outside the fenced in area are not required to register as a participant.
- Physical distancing (staying 6ft./2m. away from others) will be required at all times.
- You can no longer book for any members outside your household, as that is considered a gathering, which is prohibited.
- For Hours of Operation and any Holiday Hours please visit newmarket.ca/riverwalkcommons for the most current information.
- Stay safe and have a great skate!
Hours of Operation:
The Winter Wonderland lights go on at approximately 4:30 p.m. and turn off by 11 p.m.
- Parent & Tot Skating: Designed for children 6 yrs and under. Each Parent and Tot group must have at least one guardian (16+) and one tot, to a maximum group size of 4 - Monday - Friday 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Senior's Skating: For participants 55+ - Monday - Friday: 11 a.m.
- Adult Skating: For participants 18+ - Monday - Friday: 12 p.m.
Public Skate: Monday - Friday: 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- All skate times are 45 minutes in length.
Currently not in effect due to COVID-19