Newmarket Riverwalk Commons is located outside the
Newmarket Community Centre & Lions Hall at 200 Doug
Newmarket Riverwalk Commons features an outdoor stage and is host to various Newmarket events all year long. Some notable events include Music in the Park, Moonlight Movies, Kanata Summer Festival, Winter Wonderland, the Newmarket Ice Lounge and more.
Tim Hortons Skating and Water Feature
The Newmarket Riverwalk Commons also features the Tim Hortons Skating at the Water Feature. The water feature acts as a public water feature during the summer months and a skating rink during the winter months.
Outdoor Skating during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Outdoor skating at Riverwalk Commons is open during the current Provincial orders.
For information on how to book, hours of operation and any updates please click the link here. Please read and comply with all regulations and procedures to ensure a fun, safe, and socially distanced skating experience for everyone.
All participants are required to book their skate session one day in advance at play.newmarket.ca.
TO BOOK YOUR SKATING TIME:
Registration opens at 9 a.m. the day prior to the day you wish to skate. At this time, outdoor skating is only open to Newmarket residents due to limited on ice capacity. Book at play.newmarket.ca using your Family Pin Number and Personal Barcode #.
CREATING A NEW ACCOUNT OR INQUIRIES ABOUT YOUR FAMILY PIN NUMBER:
If you do not have a Family Pin Number, please register for one at play.newmarket.ca under "create new account". Need Assistance? Please contact Customer Service either by phone at 905-895-5193 or e-mail: email@example.com Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Fridays: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
MASKS TO BE WORN ON SITE
Following public health guidelines, masks must be worn at all times while accessing the Tim Hortons Skating Feature. This includes when putting on/taking off equipment, while skating, waiting in line ups and exiting the site.
We ask that residents fill out their Screening Form prior to arriving on site. The form is available at here.
ON SITE WALK UPS: STARTING JANUARY 25, 2021
It is recommended you schedule your skating session 24 hours in advance at play.newmarket.ca to secure your skate time. On site walk ups are permitted provided patrons adhere to the regulations. Patrons are asked to stay within their family unit of no more than 5 people and there is a designated location outdoors to line up socially distanced in the order of arrival. 10 minutes after the start of each skate, staff will determine if there are any available spots and how many. Full contact info and COVID screening will be required before going on the ice. There is a maximum of 25 participants on the ice.
Skating Rules and Reminders:
- Reservations must be made for immediate family members only and restricted to Newmarket residents.
- Walk-ups are permitted on a first-come first-served basis. (available Monday, January 25, 2021)
- Skating sessions will be limited to 45 minutes.
- All participants will be required to participate in an online health screening questionnaire on site. Save time by completing it before you arrive at newmarket.ca/covidscreening and show it to the staff member when you check in.
- Face coverings are required at all times; while waiting in line, preparing to skate, while on the ice and when disembarking and leaving the rink facility.
- Helmets are strongly recommended for all participants.
- Shinny is not permitted at any time.
- Children under the age of 10 years old are recommended to be accompanied by a guardian at least 16 years of age or older. Parents not skating but remaining within the fenced area of the skating feature will be required to register as a participant and will count towards the capacity limit of 25. Parents waiting outside the fenced in area are not required to register as a participant.
- Physical distancing (staying 6ft./2m. away from others) will be required at all times.
- You can no longer book for any members outside your household, as that is considered a gathering, which is prohibited.
- For Hours of Operation and any Holiday Hours please visit newmarket.ca/riverwalkcommons for the most current information.
- Stay safe and have a great skate!
Hours of Operation:
The Winter Wonderland lights go on at approximately 4:30 p.m. and turn off by 11 p.m.
Please note time changes taking effect Monday, February 22, 2021
- Senior's Skating: For participants 55+ - Monday - Friday: 1 p.m.
- Public Skate (all ages) Monday – Friday 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Monday - Friday: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
All skate times are 45 minutes in length.
Newmarket's Riverwalk Commons recognized as a Thriving Place
Newmarket's Riverwalk Commons was recently recognized by Parks People as a Thriving Place! Check out the video below that highlights some features at the public space.