How do I attend an Aqua Fitness class. Can I just show up?
All participants must pre-register and pay online. There will be no in person drop ins available at this time. Residents are still asked to reserve their spot on-line at play.newmarket.ca and pay the drop in fee at this time.
Will change rooms and showers be available for my pool visit?
Changerooms will be open for changing for 10 minutes AFTER each scheduled class. Showers will be unavailable at this time. Changerooms will not be available prior to your class, you must come ready to swim.
Changeroom access will be limited to accommodate physical distancing requirements. Participants are encouraged to leave the pool enclosure immediately after their scheduled class and to shower and change at home.
All participants are required to arrive changed and ready to swim. There will not be changeroom access permitted prior to your scheduled class.
- Lockers will not be available. Please leave valuables at home and use a designated spot on the pool deck for items you bring to the pool. The Town of Newmarket is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Limited changeroom access will be provided for changing only
AFTER each scheduled class. There will be no access to showers, hair dryers, bathing suit spinners, or outlets.
- Masks/face coverings must be worn in the changeroom at all times.
- Changeroom access is limited to 10 minutes
AFTER the end of each class and all participants will be required to exit the facility through the pool deck after this 10-minute period. There will be floor markings to direct traffic flow.
- Depending on the number of participants, you may have to wait to access the changeroom. You will be required to wait on the pool deck with your belongings as directed by the lifeguards.
- Participants are encouraged to leave the pool enclosure immediately after their scheduled class and to shower and change at home.
- The changeroom will be cleaned/sanitized throughout each day. Please use the changerooms at your own risk.
How will you ensure my safety during my Aqua Fit program?
Capacities are reduced and spots must be reserved. A health screening will be required prior to entering the pool. Physical distancing will be mandatory and regular cleaning and sanitization of high touch points and equipment will be performed regularly.
Can I use my pre-purchased Aqua Fit membership pass?
Pre-purchased 10/20/30/100x aqua fit membership passes are not available to be used or purchased at this time. Admission is $5.00 plus tax per class and must be paid online while registering for your class. Participants who wish to obtain a credit for unused punch passes can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 905-953-5303. This will permit participants to use the applied credit on their accounts for online registrations for classes.
Do I have to wear a mask?
As part of our safety protocols; all participants within the facility must wear a mask; including the pool deck. Masks are to be taken off and left with your personal belongings prior to entering the water.
Can I use my Fitness Centre Membership Pass to book Swim Visits/ Aqua Fitness?
Fitness Centre Members are not able to register at no charge at this time as Fitness Centre Memberships continue to be on hold.
Will there be aqua fitness equipment to use during my class?
A phased in gradual approach will be made with equipment use. Aquafit dumbbells, noodles and gloves are temporarily on pause. Participants are permitted to bring your own Aquafit belt, pool noodle and gloves for use. Equipment will be cleaned and disinfected after each use. There will be no sharing of equipment at this time.