When did the Fitness Centre Open?
The Fitness Centre reopened on August 26th
What are the Fitness Centre Hours of Operation?
- Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
When does registration start? What is the cut off?
- You can book your workout sessions one (1) week in advance. Registration begins Mondays at 6 a.m. for workout sessions for the following week.
- Members and non-members can book online to reserve a workout. You will be required to use your Family PIN #and Personal Barcode # to book a time slot. All existing users/ members will have one already in our system.
- Online registration is available at play.newmarket.ca
- Drop-ins workouts available pending availability. Check play.newmarket.ca for updated availability.
What payment methods are available?
We encourage participants to register online at this time. Credit card payments are the only form of payment available onsite until further notice.
How are you ensuring safety?
- Provincial and Regional Public Health COVID-19 Guidelines are being followed. The Fitness Centre has been temporarily relocated to the Honda Arena Pad in order to provide spacing of minimum 7-feet in-between pieces of equipment.
- Masks are required when entering the facility and in common areas. Masks are not required in workout areas but recommended to be with you at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available at the entrance and accessible throughout the facility. Additional hand sanitizing stations are available.
- All Fitness staff will be required to wear a mask.
- Members will be required to wipe down their equipment in-between each use. To make this convenient spray bottles have been replaced with new Certainty™ Disinfectant Wipes stations.
- Signage to direct the flow of traffic and encourage physical distancing is posted.
- Dedicated facility cleaning times are conducted daily.
Are washrooms available?
Yes, an accessible washroom is available for emergency use only. Locker rooms, change rooms, showers and clubhouses remain closed until further notice.
Are water fountains available to use?
It is recommended that you bring your own (filled) bottle as water fountains/filling stations are temporarily unavailable until further notice.
Are lockers available? Is there storage for my items?
- At the present time, no lockers, change rooms, showers are available.
- Temporary storage stations are available for members to change into indoor shoes and store your belongings. Please leave valuables at home as the Town is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
What should I bring to the Fitness Centre?
As locker rooms, change rooms, showers, etc. are currently unavailable, please come dressed ready for your workout.
Is there a limit on how many people can access the fitness centre at one time?
Yes, there is currently a capacity of 30 spots available for reservations and drop-ins where available. Subject to change.
What if I need a spotter?
Spotters (other members, guests) can assist you with your workout as needed. However, we recommend and strongly encourage our members to remain "in your bubble" meaning your spotter is a person already in your collective group of 10 people (your "bubble") and both participants are required to wear a mask if spotting is required due to close proximity to one another.
What if need to cancel my reservation last minute?
- If you cannot make your scheduled time up to one (1) business day, in advance you can log back into your account and withdraw yourself from the scheduled workout session. A credit will be applied to your account or you can rebook another available workout session
- Day of cancellations, please notify us by emailing email@example.com or calling 905-953-5303. A credit will be applied to your account
- Cancellations received with less than 1-hour notice will be considered late and will be considered a no show.
- Refunds will not be issued for "no shows".