What are the Fitness Centre Hours of Operation?
- Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
- Saturday to Sunday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
When does registration start? What is the cut off?
- Starting Sunday, July 18, all timeslots will be available for booking at 8 a.m. every Sunday for programs the following week at
- Example: To register for Wednesday, July 21, registration begins Sunday, July 18 at 8 a.m.
- Members and non-members can book online to reserve a workout. You will be required to use your Family PIN # and Personal Barcode # to book a time slot. All existing users/members will have one already in our system.
- Online registration is available at play.newmarket.ca
What payment methods are available?
We encourage participants to register online at this time. Credit card and debit payments are the only forms of payment available on site at this time.
How are you ensuring safety?
- Provincial and Regional Public Health COVID-19 Guidelines are being followed.
- Masks are required at all times within the Magna Centre except when actively using cardio equipment.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available at the entrance and accessible throughout the facility.
- All Fitness staff will be required to wear a mask.
- Members will be required to wipe down their equipment after each use. To make this convenient, spray bottles have been replaced with new Certainty™ Disinfectant Wipes stations.
- Signage to direct the flow of traffic and encourage physical distancing is posted.
Are washrooms available?
Yes, the washrooms south of the Fitness Centre will be open for member use. Locker rooms, change rooms, showers and clubhouses remain closed until further notice.
Are water fountains available to use?
It is recommended that you bring your own (filled) bottle. The water bottle filling station will be available.
Are lockers available? Is there storage for my items?
- At present, no lockers, change rooms, showers are available.
- Temporary storage stations are available for members to change into indoor shoes and store their belongings. Please leave valuables at home, as the Town is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
What should I bring to the Fitness Centre?
As locker rooms, change rooms, showers, etc. are currently unavailable, please come dressed ready for your workout. Please bring indoor shoes to change into before your workout.
Is there a limit on how many people can access the fitness centre at one time?
Yes, there is currently a capacity of 20 spots available per 75 minute time spot. In person drop in's are not permitted at this time, with no exceptions. Capacities will be reviewed regularly.
What if need to cancel my reservation last minute?
If you cannot make your scheduled time one (1) day in advance, you can log back into your account and withdraw yourself from the scheduled session/class. A credit will be applied to your account.
For cancellations for Fitness Centre Sessions, Aqua Fitness, and Group Fitness: on the day of your session, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with CANCEL in the subject line or call 905-953-5300 ext. 2710. A credit will be applied to your account.
For cancellations for Lane Swim and Public Swim: on the day of your session, please notify us by emailing email@example.com with CANCEL in the subject line or call Customer Service at 905-953-5303. A credit will be applied to your account.
- Cancellations received with less than 2-hour notice will be considered late and will be considered a no-show.