Enjoy live street performers on Newmarket's historical Main Street this summer with new Busk till Dusk program
- Dates: Every Friday and Saturday evening from Friday, June 24 to Saturday, September 3, 2022 (excluding Canada Day, Friday, July 1)
- Time: Aproximately 5 to 7 p.m.
- Location: Main Street, Newmarket
- Cost: no admission fees but please provide cash tips for the performers
The Town of Newmarket is excited to introduce the Busk till Dusk program for summer 2022. Every Friday and Saturday evening from approximately 5 to 7 p.m., during the dinner rush, approximately 1 to 2 street performers per evening will showcase their talent on Main Street Newmarket. From musical performances to dancing, juggling to standing statues and miming, busking brings a variety of performance art forms to the street, offering close-up entertainment for a tip in the hat which goes to support the entertainers themselves, and provides a sense of energy and buzz to the area.
Dates and Performers
- June 24: Glenn Marias, Manny DeGrandis, Bex in Motion
- June 25: Zack Wojtala and Bex in Motion
- July 8: Oli Graham and Ainsworth Degrandis
- July 9: Bex in Motion and Erin Blackstone
- July 15: Willie Magee
- July 16: Silver Penny
- July 22: Dave Toms, Glenn Marias and Manny DeGrandis
- July 23: Eve Channell
- July 29: Oli Graham
- August 5: Dave Toms and Willie Magee
- August 6: Eve Channell
- August 12: Silver Penny and Zak Wojtala
- August 13: Donias Music School
- August 19: Donias Music School
- August 20: Oli Graham & Murray Drive
- August 26: Silver Penny
- August 27: Willie (Paul) Magee
Street Performer Opportunities
Are you a local or regional street performer interested in participating in the Busk till Dusk program this summer? Please email Janet Raponi, Cultural Programmer - Performing Arts, email@example.com, for more information. With 21 evenings and multiple designated performer areas available on Main Street, it's a great opportunity for approved musicians and performers to get back out in the community and showcase their talent.
- Only approved performers are permitted to busk on Main Street in one of the pre-determined locations.
- Sound amplification is permitted but should be kept at a moderate level so as not to overwhelm adjacent businesses. Battery powered amplification is permitted but not generators.
- All performances are to have family-friendly content and not pose any danger or risk to the public.
- Performances must not block walkways, traffic, driveways or open business entrances.
- Donations during performances are acceptable but any other sales must be approved prior to the performance.
- Performers are to provide a copy of their liability insurance naming the Town of Newmarket as an additional insured on the policy up to the amount of $2,000,000.