The primary function of the Audit Committee is to assist the Council in maintaining the financial integrity of the municipality as follows:
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council with respect to the financial control framework including financial reporting, accounting policies, information systems integrity, approval processes and the safeguard of assets.
- Reviewing and making recommendations on external auditor’s Request For Proposal scope documents, subject to the following conditions:
- The recommendations must come from the committee collectively and not from individual members; and,
- Committee members must sign a confidentiality agreement with acknowledges the importance of strict confidentiality regarding the scope of a request for proposal document prior to its release; and,
- Committee members must sign a declaration confirming they do not have a conflict of interest related to the matter, including specifically that no committee member participating in providing recommendations has a connection to any potential proponent.
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council with respect to the scope of the audit
- To review and provide recommendations to Council regarding the annual report and management letter of the External Auditor.
- To make recommendations with respect to the work plan of the Internal Auditor and to provide comment and advice with respect to the recommendations of the Internal Auditor on issues of internal financial control.
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council with respect to any special project or issue as requested by Council.
- To meet with internal auditors at Audit Committee meetings to review reports of a financial nature.
- Rebecca Mathewson
- Scott Fitzpatrick
- Dennis Dai
- Councillor Victor Woodhouse
- Councillor Jane Twinney
- Councillor Grace Simon