Updated October 22, 2021
Commencing the week of Monday, October 25th, the Town of Newmarket Recreation and Culture Department will begin to safely increase program participant and venue capacities, in accordance with the Provincial Government announcement on October 22, 2021.
Also commencing on October 25th individuals will no longer be required to pre book their time for the Fitness Centre and Tim Hortons Walking Track. Aqua Fitness, Group Fitness and Swimming Program pre registration requirements will be addressed in the coming weeks.
All individuals 12+ will be required to provide proof of full vaccination status* and identification in accordance with Provincial legislation. Proof vaccination and ID screening will still be conducted on site at the entrances of all Town facilities.
For more details about the Town of Newmarket screening process and the information residents are required to present at facility and event screening desks, please refer to the Media Release here: COVID-19 Newmarket Updates
Questions? Please visit our FAQ page for further information: Affected Services and Frequently Asked Questions (newmarket.ca)
*Fully vaccinated means all individuals must have proof of two doses of a Health Canada Approved Vaccine or one dose of the Jansen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccine plus a two-week waiting period from their last dose.
For more information about recreation services and amenities, please contact Customer Service: email email@example.com or call 905-895-5193.
For current fall programs and drop-in sessions, safety protocols and how to register please click the tiles below:
- Indoor Skate Park - Age Specific Drop In Sessions
- A skateboard helmet, multi-sport helmet or hockey helmet is required.Scooter, skateboard or roller blades are permitted. (Not permitted: Bicycles, longboards, and RipStiks)
- Gymnasium - Age Specific Drop In Sessions
- Private Skateboard and Scooter Lessons
- Multi-Purpose Rooms - Pre-Registered Programs
Fall 2021 Drop-In Schedule:
Age Conversion Chart
Click the link for a printable Age Conversion Chart
12 Years and Under||
|2004||16 to 17||X||
|2005||15 to 16||X||
|2006||14 to 15||X||
|2007||13 to 14||X||
|2008||12 to 13||X||
|2009||11 to 12||
|2010||10 to 11||
|2011||9 to 10||
|2012||8 to 9||
|2013||7 to 8||
|2014||6 to 7||
|2015||5 to 6||
|2016||4 to 5||
|2017||3 to 4||
Below are the available Private Lessons for this session. For additional Private Lessons options, please call 905-953-5300 ext. 2828
|Thurs. – Nov 11 – Dec 2||6:45 – 7:45 pm||$95.00||138963|
Are you interested in preparing to become a successful camp counsellor? In this course you will learn program planning, games and resources, behaviour management strategies and more. Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification included. This course includes a 6 week in class portion, plus a weekend for Standard First Aid and CPR-C, followed by a volunteer placement, for successful candidates, at a Town of Newmarket Camp (March Break Camp). Placements will be coordinated on site with the Program Instructor based on your availability. Note: there are no prerequisites for this course.
Winter 2022 Program Information Coming Soon
Q. Do I need to reserve my spot ahead of time or can I show up onsite?
A. Effective October 25th 2021, you will no longer be required to pre-register for your timeslot. You are welcome to use the facility in your age-specific time slot.
Q. What is the cost to use the Skate Park?
Skate Park Sessions: $5 for Members, $6 for Non-Member.
Gymnasium: Free for Members, $1 for Non-Members
RYC Memberships: $18 for Residents/Year, $38 for Non-Residents/Year
Are Spectators Permitted on site?
Yes, spectators are permitted to remain on site. Each space will be cleaned and disinfected between sessions.
- Participants and spectators will be required to complete a COVID-19 Screening Click here to do the screening prior to entering the facility. Participants will need to show the green checkmark page to the staff at check in.
- If a participant fails the screening, they will not be permitted into the facility.
- Face coverings are required upon entry to the facility. Face coverings can be removed only removed during physical activity.
- Identified entry and exit points as indicated by signage and markers must be followed.
- Signage to direct the flow of traffic and encourage physical distancing will be posted.
- All participants must follow the number of riders per element outlined within the park.
- For the safety of everyone, anyone not following rules or staff direction will be asked to leave.
- Facility will close between timeslots for cleaning of high-touch points, washrooms and spectator areas.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made available at the entrance and accessible throughout the facility.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Water fountains will be available for bottle filling only.
Assumption of Risk
The Town of Newmarket in collaboration with York Region Public Health, continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation. Users of the Town of Newmarket facilities, buildings and/or amenities are reminded that the facilities, buildings and/or amenities are open for use at your own risk. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By visiting any Town of Newmarket facility, building and/or amenity you voluntarily assume all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage, and possible exposure to a communicable disease including COVID-19. We remind you to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities including the York Region Public Health Unit, Ontario Health and Public Health Agency of Canada
We welcome our
community's feedback and input and would love to hear from you on what programs / activities you would like to see offered by the Town. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
Stay up-to-date on the latest Town updates by following @TownofNewmarket on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and visit Newmarket.ca/COVID19.
Questions? Should you have any questions, please contact Customer Service by phone at 905-953-5303 or e-mail at email@example.com. Customer Service is available Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be program disruptions, changes and facility closures. We continue to offer alternative ways to serve the community. Learn about Newmarket's approach to reopening and for current information and resources. For any inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.